Notices

Class of December 2021 Part One

Old 11-30-2021, 02:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2021 Part One

Welcome Everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of

December 2021
come and join us!

( The Current Class of November 2021 thread is now here)
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html (Class of November Support Thread 2021 part 2)

D
Old 11-30-2021, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 11-30-2021, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dee! 😆

Well I知 still here feeling like I知 just beginning and have so much to learn, so I値l keep jumping from class to class 😁
Old 11-30-2021, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome kittencat
Old 11-30-2021, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi I'm Sara. I joined in 2018 and found sober recovery so helpful but I was more of a lurker than a poster. I was sober for 2 years and 8 months and then in November of 2020 I decided that I would just have one white claw every now and then (red wine was always my poison so white claw seemed like a "safe"choice, ha! ). Here I am one year later drinking every day, anxiety out of control and somewhat motivated to quit again by something I did over the weekend that I'm really ashamed of. I don't I would have done it if I had not been drinking and if I was in a better place mentally. This is day two for me.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My sober date is Nov 27 but I'll join this class. I woke up in hospital on Saturday after drinking [redacted] on a public bench and being brought in by an ambulance. My BAC was .46 and I was in such a state they had to cut my clothes off me. I apparently had a seizure, possibly because I wasn't taking my epilepsy meds while drinking. I could easily be dead. The hospital stay was miserable and I don't ever want to go back there. So I'm done, finished. Drinking hasn't been working for a long time. Social drinking was fun when I was a teenager but I haven't been having fun in a long time. I was arrested a few weeks ago. Hospitals, police cells, that's my future if I drink. I was released with a librium taper and I'm not feeling bad WDs anymore today on day 4.

I got out of the hospital Monday and I've been reading Rational Recovery and taking acamprosate. I have a few recovery audiobooks I'll listen to when I'm done with RR. This Naked Mind spoke to me a lot when I listened before. I might ask my doc for naltrexone instead because acamprosate doesn't seem to be doing much. Going to maybe go back to AA. Don't know if I'll do the steps or anything but I think today I'll go to a zoom meeting and at least listen. I know RR says not to go to meetings but I need all the support I can get. Pills, AVRT, SR, reddit, AA. I need to take this on like it's the fight of my life because it really is.

I really feel done. Finished. I don't ever want to drink again. Being hooked up to a drip not able to sleep listening to all the beeping of the hospital machines, I was so glad to get out of hospital. Sobriety didn't seem so bad in comparison to where drinking led me.

If I give up drinking for good, I can start to turn my life around.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ElizaD View Post
Hi I'm Sara. I joined in 2018 and found sober recovery so helpful but I was more of a lurker than a poster. I was sober for 2 years and 8 months and then in November of 2020 I decided that I would just have one white claw every now and then (red wine was always my poison so white claw seemed like a "safe"choice, ha! ). Here I am one year later drinking every day, anxiety out of control and somewhat motivated to quit again by something I did over the weekend that I'm really ashamed of. I don't I would have done it if I had not been drinking and if I was in a better place mentally. This is day two for me.
Hey Sara. Well done on getting 2 years 8 months before. You did it once, you can do it again. Sorry your WD is rough, hang in there.

We've all done things we're not proud of. I want to crawl into a hole when I think of the things I did.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sara and FF

D
Old 11-30-2021, 08:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Enough is enough. I’m in. Drinking every day is frankly exhausting me. I’m 56, and I’m tired of this. Alcohol isn’t going to kill me today or tomorrow, but it will in 10 or 15 years. I feel it. The booze can’t control me anymore. The pain and depression it hides, I’ll deal with it, on my terms. Sober.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sobertoday54 View Post
Enough is enough. I知 in. Drinking every day is frankly exhausting me. I知 56, and I知 tired of this. Alcohol isn稚 going to kill me today or tomorrow, but it will in 10 or 15 years. I feel it. The booze can稚 control me anymore. The pain and depression it hides, I値l deal with it, on my terms. Sober.
Welcome SoberToday. We can do this.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thank you, Freedom Fries. Sounds like you had a rough weekend too.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi sobertoday - welcome

D
Old 11-30-2021, 08:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Morning everybody! A new month! Sending strength and courage to those just starting out on their sober journey.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
My sober date is Nov 27 but I'll join this class. I woke up in hospital on Saturday after drinking [redacted] on a public bench and being brought in by an ambulance. My BAC was .46 and I was in such a state they had to cut my clothes off me. I apparently had a seizure, possibly because I wasn't taking my epilepsy meds while drinking. I could easily be dead. The hospital stay was miserable and I don't ever want to go back there. So I'm done, finished. Drinking hasn't been working for a long time. Social drinking was fun when I was a teenager but I haven't been having fun in a long time. I was arrested a few weeks ago. Hospitals, police cells, that's my future if I drink. I was released with a librium taper and I'm not feeling bad WDs anymore today on day 4.

I got out of the hospital Monday and I've been reading Rational Recovery and taking acamprosate. I have a few recovery audiobooks I'll listen to when I'm done with RR. This Naked Mind spoke to me a lot when I listened before. I might ask my doc for naltrexone instead because acamprosate doesn't seem to be doing much. Going to maybe go back to AA. Don't know if I'll do the steps or anything but I think today I'll go to a zoom meeting and at least listen. I know RR says not to go to meetings but I need all the support I can get. Pills, AVRT, SR, reddit, AA. I need to take this on like it's the fight of my life because it really is.

I really feel done. Finished. I don't ever want to drink again. Being hooked up to a drip not able to sleep listening to all the beeping of the hospital machines, I was so glad to get out of hospital. Sobriety didn't seem so bad in comparison to where drinking led me.

If I give up drinking for good, I can start to turn my life around.
!!! This is your time definitely FF. I'm glad you're OK and I feel excited for your future. GO for it!!!! Do whatever it takes. Sometimes we take it a minute at a time. Keep your sober toolkit well stocked and know you are never alone.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ElizaD View Post
hi Eliza, I'm glad you are having that motivated feeling - hold tight to it and let's make a really good quality of life for ourselves!! I'm back after 14 months sober. Relapsed in August.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Cool end to Day 18. Ran at the gym for about 4 miles and had an early dinner. Good night from super rainy Seattle!
Old 11-30-2021, 09:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome calmself and UNITE4STRENGTH

D
Old 11-30-2021, 10:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
cool end to day 18. Ran at the gym for about 4 miles and had an early dinner. Good night from super rainy seattle!
amazing
Old 11-30-2021, 10:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome calmself and UNITE4STRENGTH

D
thank you, thank you!