View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 06:59 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Scott2295

Morning everyone. Moving on to Day 23. Not much on the agenda except my own list of things to do today. We got our Christmas tree up yesterday. Now we need to finish cleaning so we can bring in the rest of the decorations.

Calmself - Congrats on 30 days. That’s great!!

RAL - Congrats on 13 days. Its nice to not drink when you have a challenge isn’t it.

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
It never fails to amaze me and fill me with such joy and happiness at waking up knowing I didn’t drink last night.
I agree 1000% percent.

Erratic - congrats on 13 days as well. I love days with nothing planned. Doesn’t seem to happen very often.

QWA - Congrats to you as well on 13 days.

Originally Posted by QuitWhileAhead View Post
Travel is always a trigger for me, particularly when I stay in hotels by myself. I would scope out where I could buy alcohol before I even book the hotel to make sure I’m covered, preferably near a liquor store since whiskey was my preferred drink (but anything would do in a pinch)
Wow! That statement brings back a wave of memories. I haven’t traveled for business in a couple years now but I also would scope out the liquor stores before traveling. I always rented a car so I could be sure to drive to get booze. Often I would buy a 750 on the way to the airport to ensure that I would have it when I got to the hotel. I would be sure to bring a large zip lock bag to put the bottle in in case it broke. I went to many morning meetings very hungover. God that was exhausting.

Bodhi - Welcome to December. I’m glad you just had a 1 day slip. If I slip, its always 2 to 3 weeks.

Citrus - I’m glad you’re feeling better.

Have a great day friends.