Notices

drinking ex friend

Old 10-10-2021, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

drinking ex friend

So, I got some messages from a friend last night after 10:00 PM. ... a friend that ghosted me a couple of years ago. We were best friends and she betrayed my trust. At first it hurt but I'm over it. I'm pretty sure she was drunk last night when she was texting me about wanting to be friends again .... she even sent me a fb friends request. Why do I think it's funny that she is probably freaking out this morning? LOL
Old 10-10-2021, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been on both sides of that situation. It's cringey and awkward on both!
Old 10-10-2021, 03:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Be friends if you're strong enough. Everybody needs to be able to reach out and make amends. It's our survival to try. If she crosses boundaries then you'll know. Hoping for the best for you both. I too have lost people I wish would want to call me. it goes both ways, and we do change. All of us.
Old 10-12-2021, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Samantha

Been on both sides. Would never judge anyone for drunk texting, I've done it so often.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KAD65 View Post
I've been on both sides of that situation. It's cringey and awkward on both!
I have too. I agree very awkward!
Old 10-12-2021, 06:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
Been on both sides. Would never judge anyone for drunk texting, I've done it so often.
I still have friends that drunk text/call me and I did it when I was drinking too so I don't judge them. I don't think I'm judging her I just can't go back into that friendship. There is no trust and it didn't involve drinking. We were BEST friends and had the best time together. She betrayed my trust, I forgave her and I think she couldn't forgive herself so she ghosted me. I've run into her a few times and once she was drunk and being all sloppy nice, and they other times when she was sober she wouldn't even acknowledge I was there and I said hi first. I'm not judging just untrusting and irritated.
Old 10-13-2021, 07:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBug66 View Post
I'm not judging just untrusting and irritated.
I've had to make that choice several times, too. People responded that way to me in my drinking past, and I fully deserved it. You can only put yourself out there for someone but so much. The rest is the responsibility of the other person. Sometimes it's easiest and best to just move on.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KAD65 View Post
I've had to make that choice several times, too. People responded that way to me in my drinking past, and I fully deserved it. You can only put yourself out there for someone but so much. The rest is the responsibility of the other person. Sometimes it's easiest and best to just move on.
I moved on from this relationship a long time ago. I had to because it was eating me up inside missing our friendship.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have an old friend that still drinks and texts. I still talk to him. I don't judge him or try to get him to stop drinking. I tried. Others tried. His sister did an intervention and sent him to treatment. He has had a stroke. He still drinks and smokes. I just accept him as he is. So when he texts I sometimes respond and sometimes don't. But I have known him since college, and he is a good person. He just has an alcohol problem, and he will have to be the one to solve it.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I don't think the issue is judging or not judging. I think the issue is whether or not you want to be friends with her again. I certainly don't require myself to be friends with people. I can be cordial with lots of people and I often am, even with people I have no interest in being friends with. And to be honest, there are people that I just don't like. Some are just plain offensive. I've patched up broken friendships when I felt like it, and sometimes, but not always, it even worked out. Friendship is a special relationship to me, but it may be semantics. I don't consider Facebook friends to be actual friends, although some of them could be if I were even on Facebook. Friendship as a special relationship just doesn't happen with most people. We choose our friends.