Notices

Evening all....

Old 09-12-2021, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Evening all....

Im still clean and sober......started making a bit of music today.....killed a couple of hours...
felling a bit fidgity, i am bouncing from my pc to thee tv and back again like a yoyo....
i have eaten and had copious amounts of black sweet coffee........
dont really know what to do with myself!
Old 09-12-2021, 12:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would stop drinking coffee for today if it was me.
MInd you....I used to go to AA meetings every night and drink coffee and still slept like a log.

I keep hearing people talking about killing time in sobriety....I know it was the opposite for me.
I had a million things I wanted to do. And plenty to work on to get there.

Maybe you can make a plan.

Old 09-12-2021, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It always takes me about 2 weeks to feel completely normal when I sober up. The first 3-4 days are horrible with no sleep and anxiety. I usually don't even leave the house during this period. I just binge-watch Netflix and distract myself.
Old 09-12-2021, 01:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
It always takes me about 2 weeks to feel completely normal when I sober up. The first 3-4 days are horrible with no sleep and anxiety. I usually don't even leave the house during this period. I just binge-watch Netflix and distract myself.
kinda bang on whats happening to me!!! except i have no idea how long it will take for me to feel normal.......
Old 09-12-2021, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Distraction is useful - binge watching Netflix etc is good until you get used to being sober - also getting some exercise is good, walking, running, cycling? Anyway well done! Weekend almost over and you can start a new week clean and sober!
Old 09-12-2021, 07:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with this. First 5 days to get through the physical withdrawal, then the last day I really have any cravings is Day 10, which is always a bit tough.

Then by two weeks I am feeling pretty good and sleep is starting to improve. At that point the brain starts to heal and you may have some forgetfulness but it quickly passes.
Old 09-12-2021, 11:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

absolutely!
Old 09-12-2021, 11:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lonelyfella View Post
Im still clean and sober......started making a bit of music today.....killed a couple of hours...
felling a bit fidgity, i am bouncing from my pc to thee tv and back again like a yoyo....
i have eaten and had copious amounts of black sweet coffee........
dont really know what to do with myself!
I think all the coffee in the first 2, 3 days helps us to not experience the dopamine low that comes when we suddenly stop using. I expect like a lot of us you will start to feel relatively normal after around 2 weeks. The most important thing is to plan each day so we can reach our goal of getting to bed sober each night...