Notices

Newness.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newness.

Good morning all,
A brand new day. After fourteen years of hearing about how "this sucks," or "that's ugly," or how so-and-so is so "stupid," I'm out. I'm finally starting a new job. My last job/career lasted for fourteen years! I had been working side by side with my boss for fourteen whole years. My job was Monday-Friday, and some weekends. I've never met anyone as negative as the man that owns the company, who I quickly became the right hand "man" (I'm a woman,) for.
I grew so tired of it, but just dealt with it because during my active addiction a bit more than six months ago, I just assumed that that's how life was going to be for me. No kidding, we would be riding down the street, and he would see something like a garden bed that had been planted by another landscaping company, and he would talk about how stupid and ugly it was for twenty minutes. He would repeat himself every day about how if we really wanted to save ourselves, we'd all just go ahead and die. I am so super confused, because he is a sweet guy, and he cares so much about my family and I, but man... the negative work environment that I was essentially trapped in for fourteen years was wearing heavy on me.
Today, I begin again, but at something completely different. Landscaping has been my career for so long, and about ten years ago, I began to feel stuck in it. I felt like I'd never get out.
Today, I start my journey
This is such an exciting opportunity! I'm a bit over six months sober, and finally living my life.

Thanks all for your support, and thank you so much for being here!
Old 09-13-2021, 04:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's so awesome WindPines! I was wondering how the parting with your boss went down. I hope that you were able to leave on good terms. If not, that's on him. Congratulations!
Old 09-13-2021, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can tell you that as a small business owner, there is plenty to be negative about. It's something that, since putting down my coozie, I've been trying to address myself. But still, you have to think about what's best for you and take the necessary action to preserve your own healthy state of mind. I hope your new journey is a good one.
Old 09-13-2021, 05:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats windpines!

Change is hard, and takes courage, and you are brave and can do difficult things😍

wonderful on 6 months, and congrats on starting new. You will be very glad you are taking care of you
Old 09-13-2021, 05:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're doing fantastic WindPines. Change is hard, even in sobriety, and you did it!

Wishing you good fortunes ahead!