SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Evening all.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/455511-evening-all.html)

lonelyfella 09-12-2021 12:16 PM

Evening all....

Im still clean and sober......started making a bit of music today.....killed a couple of hours...
felling a bit fidgity, i am bouncing from my pc to thee tv and back again like a yoyo....
i have eaten and had copious amounts of black sweet coffee........
dont really know what to do with myself!

venuscat 09-12-2021 12:42 PM

I would stop drinking coffee for today if it was me. :)
MInd you....I used to go to AA meetings every night and drink coffee and still slept like a log.

I keep hearing people talking about killing time in sobriety....I know it was the opposite for me.
I had a million things I wanted to do. And plenty to work on to get there.

Maybe you can make a plan. :) :hug:

Wastinglife 09-12-2021 01:00 PM

It always takes me about 2 weeks to feel completely normal when I sober up. The first 3-4 days are horrible with no sleep and anxiety. I usually don't even leave the house during this period. I just binge-watch Netflix and distract myself.

lonelyfella 09-12-2021 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wastinglife (Post 7697851)
It always takes me about 2 weeks to feel completely normal when I sober up. The first 3-4 days are horrible with no sleep and anxiety. I usually don't even leave the house during this period. I just binge-watch Netflix and distract myself.

kinda bang on whats happening to me!!! except i have no idea how long it will take for me to feel normal.......

dustyfox 09-12-2021 02:20 PM

Distraction is useful - binge watching Netflix etc is good until you get used to being sober - also getting some exercise is good, walking, running, cycling? Anyway well done! Weekend almost over and you can start a new week clean and sober!

advbike 09-12-2021 07:53 PM

I agree with this. First 5 days to get through the physical withdrawal, then the last day I really have any cravings is Day 10, which is always a bit tough.

Then by two weeks I am feeling pretty good and sleep is starting to improve. At that point the brain starts to heal and you may have some forgetfulness but it quickly passes.

UNITE4STRENGTH 09-12-2021 11:03 PM

absolutely!

UNITE4STRENGTH 09-12-2021 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by lonelyfella (Post 7697834)
Im still clean and sober......started making a bit of music today.....killed a couple of hours...
felling a bit fidgity, i am bouncing from my pc to thee tv and back again like a yoyo....
i have eaten and had copious amounts of black sweet coffee........
dont really know what to do with myself!

I think all the coffee in the first 2, 3 days helps us to not experience the dopamine low that comes when we suddenly stop using. I expect like a lot of us you will start to feel relatively normal after around 2 weeks. The most important thing is to plan each day so we can reach our goal of getting to bed sober each night...