Notices

Day 0. Another day 0. I'm so sick of day 0s.

Old 09-07-2021, 11:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

​​​​​Good morning. Thanks for the replies. Made my bed and brushed my teeth. Not much but it's more productive than I've been in days.

I was fortunately able to sleep. Feel a bit better now but still anxious. Oh well, it'll only be for a couple of days.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Dublin has a heroin crisis so my case is relatively benign.

I got my longest streak with Antabuse. And it turns out it wasn't causing the voices, so I've taken it today.
FF I've known plenty of heroin junkies and they're no worse off than end stage alcoholics. I remember friends needing to "get well" every morning and wondering why they don't just quit. Fast forward 15 years and I was the one needing to "get well" every hour of every day with alcohol.

I agree with the others that if you are open with the docs about your history they won't see it as benign. Your liver, kidneys, heart and nervous system will eventually give up, in quick succession.

You're walking a fine line brother and its your choice, but you need help kicking this. Get it while you can. Best of luck FF, I'm rooting for you.
Old 09-08-2021, 04:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

FF, it's really rehab or bust at this stage now I'm afraid. There a few places down the country (Cuan Mhuire Centres) that take people
that are homeless, etc so you should have no issues about getting in. I think they only cost about €200 a week so basically they just take your dole money
and are a lot cheaper than the Rutlands of this world. My own Treatment cost over €6,000 for a month.

They are normally 3 months for drink and 5 months for drugs treatment. I know a few people that are still sober from them centres. They do tend to be
more religious in nature but at the end of the day, what is better? a bit of religion or staying alive? Make the call: https://cuanmhuire.ie/
Old 09-08-2021, 09:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

One day soon FF you wont have another chance, it will be game over, let's not make that NOW. GO get help. Maybe you can't imagine a future for yourself, but there is one. You're not on your own.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I've decided not to go to rehab. I had a very bad experience with bullying in rehab before and my drinking got worse afterwards. I left and immediately went on a bender, so I was only sober for eight weeks.

What's worked best for me in the past is Antabuse. I got my longest streak on it. So that's what's going to be my main tool, along with meditation, AVRT and AA.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you should consider rehab- not all rehabs are the same.
I do think that AA and AVRT can help, tho - if you make the effort - you'll get back the same level of effort you put in

Did you ever talk to anyone about how you think there's a connection between your voices and the antabuse?

D
Old 09-08-2021, 08:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I asked my psychiatrist about it a few months ago and he sort of gave me a non answer. My GP prescribes it and I told him I thought it might have been causing them when I asked for acamprosate. We didn't really discuss it. It's a rare side effect though and the voices didn't stop when I went off it. So I dunno.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey FF,

I dont know your age but when I was much younger and living with my folks I was desperate to do anything to escape my feelings. I tested out of high school because I thought it would be cool to be an art college student and my life would change. I was so desperate to escape even then, I found myself stealing my moms diet pills, crunching them up, and snorting them on bathroom trips during my classes. I knew they wouldnt get me high, but I was so desperate just to feel different.
Regularly, I would do literally 'anything' for a drink containing liquor...anything. I have had too many nights that I would love to forget. Looking back, it didnt have to be that way, but I saw no other way. I blamed it on overbearing parenting, and to this day, I still feel like parents are spying in on me.

But I'm sick and I know im sick. I dont have advice for you because I am not there yet. I'm in a similar, if not the same boat. I find it hard to stay connected to people because I get pulled into the current that drags me down way to often and for me, its called my ego. I hope you are well and keep posting. Much love and peace.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:14 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey FF, what's been happening lately?
Old 09-28-2021, 04:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by KTB5000 View Post
Hey FF,

I dont know your age but when I was much younger and living with my folks I was desperate to do anything to escape my feelings. I tested out of high school because I thought it would be cool to be an art college student and my life would change. I was so desperate to escape even then, I found myself stealing my moms diet pills, crunching them up, and snorting them on bathroom trips during my classes. I knew they wouldnt get me high, but I was so desperate just to feel different.
Regularly, I would do literally 'anything' for a drink containing liquor...anything. I have had too many nights that I would love to forget. Looking back, it didnt have to be that way, but I saw no other way. I blamed it on overbearing parenting, and to this day, I still feel like parents are spying in on me.

But I'm sick and I know im sick. I dont have advice for you because I am not there yet. I'm in a similar, if not the same boat. I find it hard to stay connected to people because I get pulled into the current that drags me down way to often and for me, its called my ego. I hope you are well and keep posting. Much love and peace.
I can unfortunately relate to this entire post almost word for word.