Notices

Going to an AA meeting tomorrow

Old 08-30-2021, 04:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I went to one meeting at a year sober and we all said our name and everyone also said addict or alcoholic with it. We split into groups and I was asked to read a paragraph. I'm sure I could have declined. That was the extent of any focus on me so you need not worry with any social anxiety.

Mostly, I just saw a bunch of shakey scared people and another group trying to help them. There also seemed to be a fair amount of people there by court order who didn't think they belonged there but they weren't rude about it. The environment made me feel connected without actually having a spot light on me.
Old 08-30-2021, 02:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Go to any meeting Disser. No need to wait.

You don't need to read or do anything if you don't want to. They will understand, believe me.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've been in and out of AA meetings for quite a while. I'm also attending AA meetings online right now, not exactly comfortable at this point in time to head to one in person. As part of one out patient treatment, we got into a van every day and headed to one. In other out patient, we logged in and met via zoom. You'll meet alot of like minded people going through the same thing you are. I don't necessarily agree with everything, but its an outstanding sense of community and a chance to meet some great folks. I also think having phone numbers for sobriety is really critical.