Notices

"Wait ? How Old ARE We ?"

Old 06-29-2021, 04:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
I get it. I do and thanks for the clarification

I wish I had been MORE judgmental when hers and my mutual dear friend blew her brains out in a car after drinking all day at an all day "Beer Fest".

Or when our other mutual friends husband choked her out twice, in front of her sleeping 5 year old when the tequila turned him into a monster.

I really really wish I had been more judgmental when another friend of mine, who managed to carry triplets to term, died of alcohol poisoning in her sleep on their 16th birthday.

And I'll always regret not being more open with my struggles when my husbands friend put a tie around his neck and then looped it around a doorknob and offed himself. Surrounded by empty chardonnay bottles...

And these werent skid row junkies,
They checked all the "successful" boxes, police sargent, lawyer, entrepenuer, mother, pharmacist, chemist.

Addiction is not a pussyfoot around game for me any longer.
Any I dont take potentially watching a child have to go through the horrors that I have while watching their parent die, a little, every day lightly.

If that means I'm crass, brash, too much, over the top, snarky, forthright and yes, judgey too, then slap a label on me and call me b*tch.

These were my people. My tribe. And going forward, Im not going to stand by and play small to save anyones feelings from getting bruised.

Wishing everyone the best Monday they can muster. It's dreary today. But I'm sober AF and loving all of me, including my nasty bits...
95000 people a year die because of alcohol and it takes an average of 29 years away from each person it kills. That's just in the US. There is a family devastated by each death as well.

Its very serious but it lies and tells a person to try and cover it up until it kills either your mind or your body. It was destroying us but we made excuses for it. I was worried about being found out and having to stop. Its exactly like how I was trained to look normal and never let on I was being abused as a child.

You see it for what it is now. They don't and the addiction will continue to brainwash them until they can punch through the denial as well.

So very glad to see you here.
Xoxo
Old 06-29-2021, 05:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
95000 people a year die because of alcohol and it takes an average of 29 years away from each person it kills. That's just in the US. There is a family devastated by each death as well.

Its very serious but it lies and tells a person to try and cover it up until it kills either your mind or your body. It was destroying us but we made excuses for it. I was worried about being found out and having to stop. Its exactly like how I was trained to look normal and never let on I was being abused as a child.

You see it for what it is now. They don't and the addiction will continue to brainwash them until they can punch through the denial as well.

So very glad to see you here.
Xoxo
Thank YOU my friend for always being here in full support. You must have over 5 years now right ?!?!?

Gosh, how I wish so bad I would have stayed the course with you all those years back.

Hindsight...ugh...but you remind me of what is possible, and what lies ahead for me on this journey.

And that right there is another kitchen sink I'm gonna throw at this addiction.

Hanging on to the promise of what that therapist who dumped me said so many years ago...
"You will NEVER reach your full potential if you dont stop using".

I was so damn bitter towards her for so damn long...

And she was so damn right...

XO AO