Notices

I messed up

Old 06-13-2021, 03:23 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Rar

My husband has the refrigerator stocked with beer too. In fact, he restocked the day I quit. One column is his, the other is mine. I was going to remove my beer, but I figured he will grow tired of it taking up refrigerator space and remove it himself. I suspect he may soon quit entirely too, since he only drank a couple days this month.

Our property is the last property our lawn mowers do every week, so my husband always gives each of them a cold beer. Hence, he makes sure they have a cold beer on lawn mowing day. We had a period of abstinence last year and he was buying beer for them. 🤔. I’m so used to seeing it, that presently it’s not tempting me.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:03 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

The landscapers boss would probably say " No drinking on the clock dude" lol
Old 06-13-2021, 06:10 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Kitten ❤️
My partner drinks too, and has bottles of wine in the house (which was my drink of choice too). It makes it difficult, that’s for sure. At least he doesn’t drink wine in front of me, only beer. I’m really grateful he doesn’t drink wine regularly, I don’t know if I could deal with that and not drink. Not yet anyway.
Hopefully one day we won’t be so easily affected by what others do.
Willow! x
I hope for that too. We'll get there!
Old 06-13-2021, 06:13 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
My husband has the refrigerator stocked with beer too. In fact, he restocked the day I quit. One column is his, the other is mine. I was going to remove my beer, but I figured he will grow tired of it taking up refrigerator space and remove it himself. I suspect he may soon quit entirely too, since he only drank a couple days this month.

Our property is the last property our lawn mowers do every week, so my husband always gives each of them a cold beer. Hence, he makes sure they have a cold beer on lawn mowing day. We had a period of abstinence last year and he was buying beer for them. 🤔. I’m so used to seeing it, that presently it’s not tempting me.
I'm so glad it's not tempting you! x
Old 06-13-2021, 06:41 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
The landscapers boss would probably say " No drinking on the clock dude" lol
They are the business and the bosses. 😊
Old 06-13-2021, 06:50 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
I'm so glad it's not tempting you! x
Admittedly I had brief temptations on the couple of days my husband did drink, since we’ve been drinking partners for many years, but I’m REALLY committed this time. The presence of it being in the refrigerator hasn’t bothered me (yet). If the beer presence begins to bother me, I’ll get rid of it. I don’t like my husband’s beer, so that’s not much of a temptation. However, I’ve never been tested since I’ve always made sure not to run out of mine. 🤔☹️
Old 06-13-2021, 07:28 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Admittedly I had brief temptations on the couple of days my husband did drink, since we’ve been drinking partners for many years, but I’m REALLY committed this time. The presence of it being in the refrigerator hasn’t bothered me (yet). If the beer presence begins to bother me, I’ll get rid of it. I don’t like my husband’s beer, so that’s not much of a temptation. However, I’ve never been tested since I’ve always made sure not to run out of mine. 🤔☹️
Im in a similar situation. The beer only calls to me if I’ve relapsed, and run out of wine that night. Then is when I might grab a beer or two of his. It’s always a huge mistake. Obviously. The beer doesn’t generally present a challenge otherwise, but him engaging the act of drinking does. It goes either of two ways. It annoys me and is a huge turn off, or if the AV gets the best of me, I fail by getting myself some wine. But, he doesn’t get me wine, which is good.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:14 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

It is possible to get sober in a house where others drink. There is so much to our own relationship with alcohol and then our relationships with our S.O's and alcohol. Removing the alcohol creates a different dynamic and it takes a bit to navigate. There is a lot to learn and a lot to get clear on. Knowing that I am a separate person with my own life, even though I am in relationship, has been very helpful.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:10 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Don’t feel bad - that’s why we’re here - because we all have this problem and it helps so much to share our experience, good or bad.

I hope you feel better about yourself soon. There’s no reason not to.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:25 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good on everyone staying sober, especially those in difficult situations

D
Old 06-13-2021, 08:14 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

When I got sober, my alcoholic boyfriend didn’t like it. He said he missed his drinking partner. After I was sober for a few months, I saw something I didn’t see before. I couldn’t be the person I wanted to be, with him in my life. Not saying that’s you, but that was me.

The community on SR helped me a lot, as I bounced the idea around. I went on the Family and Friends of Alcoholics Forums.

Glad you’re here and exploring, reading, and learning.

The answers will come to you🥰
Old 06-16-2021, 12:30 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
When I got sober, my alcoholic boyfriend didn’t like it. He said he missed his drinking partner. After I was sober for a few months, I saw something I didn’t see before. I couldn’t be the person I wanted to be, with him in my life. Not saying that’s you, but that was me.

The community on SR helped me a lot, as I bounced the idea around. I went on the Family and Friends of Alcoholics Forums.

Glad you’re here and exploring, reading, and learning.

The answers will come to you 🥰
So much love and you thank you Free! ❤️❤️❤️ X