Notices

Stopping by to say Hi

Old 06-14-2021, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stopping by to say Hi

Hello SR,

Yesterday marked my 3 year sober anniversary. I haven’t been active on SR for about a year but wanted to stop by to say hi and share hope with the newcomers.

SR was my lifeline for the full duration of my first sober year. I wouldn’t be where I am today without the support of the members here.

For all the newcomers, or those struggling, keep going. It really does get better
Old 06-14-2021, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 years it's commendable!!
Old 06-14-2021, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks! How is your life now without alcohol? How is your mind, spirit, and outlook? Also, if you had any alcohol related health issues, how are they now?

Thanks so much for posting!
Max
Old 06-14-2021, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 3 years sober!! 🙏
Old 06-14-2021, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's great to hear from you. Congratulations on 3 years of recovery.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaxVano View Post
Thanks! How is your life now without alcohol? How is your mind, spirit, and outlook? Also, if you had any alcohol related health issues, how are they now?

Thanks so much for posting!
Max
Max,
Life without alcohol is beautiful. There’s beauty even in the ugly and low parts of my life now.

The best thing for me about sobriety is the peace that I feel. My brain stopped chattering incessantly at me at the one year mark.

Im am anxious person by nature and didn’t realize how much alcohol was impacting my anxiety. The anxiety was constant and relentless and my brain screamed at me all day, every day. Typically starting at 3am with a panic fueled wake up. Alcohol fueled my anxiety spiral and cycle. My brain kept me on a constant loop of negative self talk, shame, fear, and panic. I drank to make that all go away. It actually made it worse.

I sleep soundly now. No more 3 am panic wake ups. I am able to respond to all things in life with logic and rational thought. Before I was impulsive and emotionally driven. The constant negative chatter in my brain is all but gone. The thoughts that do creep in I can counter with positive self talk and self love.

physically, I lost 30 pounds within the first year and have kept the weight off. I have chronic illness but am able to manage it better with diet and meds.

professionally, I have wanted to start a business for years. I wasn’t ready to do it while drinking or the first few years sober. I’m ready now - just purchased my space, building the backend, and launching next month. I wouldn’t have been able to handle the challenges, anxiety, or the tremendous amount of effort and energy required to do this.

There are bumps in the road but I am able to mentally and physically handle all the bumps now.

Keep going, Max. It gets so much better!

Old 06-14-2021, 11:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done!
Old 06-14-2021, 12:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's great Atlast! Congratulations on 3 years sober too, fantastic.
Old 06-14-2021, 01:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Atlast9999 View Post
Hello SR,

Yesterday marked my 3 year sober anniversary. I haven’t been active on SR for about a year but wanted to stop by to say hi and share hope with the newcomers.

SR was my lifeline for the full duration of my first sober year. I wouldn’t be where I am today without the support of the members here.

For all the newcomers, or those struggling, keep going. It really does get better

Wow…very encouraging thanks 🙏🏾
Old 06-14-2021, 02:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to hear from you atlast and congratulations on three years!

D
Old 06-14-2021, 02:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Atlast - wonderful to see you & to know you have 3 yrs. sober! Be proud.
Thanks for your words of encouragement for our newcomers. I'm sure your post will be appreciated.
Old 06-14-2021, 03:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hi Atlast - wonderful to see you & to know you have 3 yrs. sober! Be proud.
Thanks for your words of encouragement for our newcomers. I'm sure your post will be appreciated.
It is very much appreciated I was already feeling positive in early sobriety and this has lifted me even further. Thank you for sharing that Atlast and congratulations on your 3 years. I wish you well with your new business.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Rar

Thank you for posting Atlast. Your post was very motivational and inspiring to me, since I suffer from your former issues, I look forward to experiencing those benefits myself. Congratulations on those spectacular three years. 🤗. ✋ (high five)