Notices

Hangover...

Old 05-26-2021, 03:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Pain killers and caffeine. Rebound headache from acetaminophen and caffeine. I'm not a doctor but my personal experience with it. My honest opinion if anyone purposely using painkillers to off set PAWS or prolonged withdrawal symptoms then thats a automatic day 1. That just my recovery program we all have our own views but the same goal to end this cycle of addiction. Keep growing
Old 05-26-2021, 03:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You're right, stickyone, 'we all have our own views', it can be interesting to hear a different perspective and learn from others experience.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dustyfox View Post
You're right, stickyone, 'we all have our own views', it can be interesting to hear a different perspective and learn from others experience.
When I read my post afterwards it seem like I was trying to be a axx. It wasn't my intention. My experience I haven't had a drink of alcohol or any illegal recreational drugs in 8 years. I have been on prescription opiates for many years and I began to abuse it. Today I'm working on day 377 of opiates and everything else. At first I didn't feel any guilt because hey they are my prescription opiates and legal. But over time the addiction monster was getting stronger inside then I couldn't function without it. I still haven't done any recreational drugs or alcohol continue from the 8 years. I wanted to start fresh for my personal self recovery. Because the opiates were my downfall. Every day I have pain since i stopped my prescription opiates. But I am here sober doing the best I can to break this cycle. I'm still fresh in recovery but maybe my story will help. Congratulations on your days sober you earned them.
Old 05-27-2021, 06:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I did feel a bit crushed! But it's fine as after I reflected on your post I understood that for some people 'painkillers' 'prescription drugs' are just as much a challenge as alcohol, perhaps even more so. I realised your warning was heartfelt, I might well be at risk, for all you knew, of swopping one addiction for another, so for your genuine concern honestly thank you. I know how hard stopping drinking is, and fortunately I do not, nor ever have had, any addiction to painkillers or recreational drugs, though I have taken the latter but only when much younger.
I salute you for what must now must be day 378 of being clean and sober and continuing your commitment to a better life, despite continued pain. I am only on day 13 so .......I take inspiration from your post, and your warning is a good one. I really do appreciate that you took the time to reply. Thank you.
Old 05-27-2021, 02:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dustyfox View Post
I did feel a bit crushed! But it's fine as after I reflected on your post I understood that for some people 'painkillers' 'prescription drugs' are just as much a challenge as alcohol, perhaps even more so. I realised your warning was heartfelt, I might well be at risk, for all you knew, of swopping one addiction for another, so for your genuine concern honestly thank you. I know how hard stopping drinking is, and fortunately I do not, nor ever have had, any addiction to painkillers or recreational drugs, though I have taken the latter but only when much younger.
I salute you for what must now must be day 378 of being clean and sober and continuing your commitment to a better life, despite continued pain. I am only on day 13 so .......I take inspiration from your post, and your warning is a good one. I really do appreciate that you took the time to reply. Thank you.
Congratulations on day 13 keep up the good work. Yes today I work on day 378. It's more of a personal issue with those medication. I do understand that medication does have it's place and it can help people in recovery tremendously. But there is alot of doctors that are just pill pushers. Most of the doctors that I've been to for mental health issues day one would say here try this medicine and let me know in 2 weeks. Make sure to pay your co-payment at the front desk.