Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

When the AV starts calling.....am I ready? Weekenders 12 - 15 February 2021

Notices

When the AV starts calling.....am I ready? Weekenders 12 - 15 February 2021

Old 02-17-2021, 12:08 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

My school years and childhood are all a traumatic blur. I don't have any pictures, I don't remember any teachers names. Sometimes I get flashbacks. I will leave that there.

Mags, I would of killed for a chopper bike. I was so envious of anyone that had one.

Forwards, nice to see you as always. Sorry you have had some struggles, I hope you have support.

Hi PJ.

Bim I dreamt I went to Seattle to see you. We went to see a singer where I wanted to buy you a glass of wine until I remembered we are alcoholics. Then we went to your golf course park, fed the birds which was nice but I lost my dogs and my passport. So I guess I am still there.
Old 02-17-2021, 01:39 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Happy First Day of Lent. I am giving up alcohol. if you're still drinking & looking for a reason to quit, why not join me?

Old 02-17-2021, 01:42 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

^
andy, I forgot today is the first day of Lent. Yes, same here, no alcohol for me either.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:55 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Magsie

No alcohol and trying to give the chocolate and biscuits a rest, so those too.🤞
Old 02-17-2021, 05:07 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Thanks for those posts, Magsie and Kaily. Children should be treasured loved and given positive attention but it seems that isn't the stream of events for a lot of us. I guess some people turn mean, some turn to drink and some get therapy. I know that's not really funny but I'm at a point in life where I just understand that I'll never understand and I've stopped trying. It's okay. I'm healthy and well-fed and I give myself positive attention and my friend Kaily is here visiting and I'm not telling her where her passport is..

andyh - I'll quit drinking for Lent along with you. I honestly don't even know what Lent is - and it surprises me that a pagan such as yourself would honor it, but hey.
I say pagan in a loving way, I love all of you and do not care one whit what your relationship is to the great Mystery. I'm not even sure I understand my own beliefs sometimes.

I do believe in coffee and cats.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:48 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
andyh - I'll quit drinking for Lent along with you. I honestly don't even know what Lent is - and it surprises me that a pagan such as yourself would honor it, but hey.
I say pagan in a loving way, I love all of you and do not care one whit what your relationship is to the great Mystery. I'm not even sure I understand my own beliefs sometimes.

I do believe in coffee and cats.

well, I'm giving up for Spring, & the Sturgeon Moon, and the Third Week In September, & all the other days & weeks & months, so giving up for Lent too isn't much hardship. I may not be giving up chocolate rabbits though.

I'm with you on cats
Old 02-17-2021, 09:34 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Weekenders

Manta how’s your new job going? Well I hope?

Willow, are you settled in your new job too?

Bim, I love the cat, so cute and typically cat takes what he wants

Robbie, yes it doesn’t always follow our parents are alcoholics for us to become one. When I was growing up it seemed to be the culture to go to pubs and I found out very early I had a taste for it.

We've got a windy old morning over here with promise of rain. That with lockdown means I won’t be going far today.

See you later xxxx
Old 02-17-2021, 11:40 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Magsie

New Weekenders Thread Begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ry-2021-a.html (When it’s so bad only a drink will do-what can I do? Weekenders 19-22 February 2021)