Notices

I think I know why %100 I cannot quit drinking ever.

Old 01-17-2021, 02:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Dearest Erica ❤️

Old 01-17-2021, 04:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

With what you have been through oxm8ey, and the things you have endured, I think your definitive 100%, non-negotiable, line in the sand declaration should be "I think I know why I must quit drinking forever." I'm sorry for what you have been through oxm8ey. One of my many excuses for trying to end myself with alcohol was the trauma I endured as a kid. I grew up in a family that should have raised cobras, not children. But you know what? It will always be there with you. My past is with me like several tattoos and I eventually realized that I'll never forget those things. But life marches by, and I couldn't afford to be angry any more and let the abuse define me. I still hurt and I still get pissed, but now I do that sober and wow, is that a more successful way to go through those tough moments. You will always be a person who has endured something. But those things, although always visible in your rear view mirror, can become more distant memories and take their proper place in your life. You can't erase them but you can right-size the memories.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ozm8ey View Post
When I try and quit drinking the feeling of been useless and flashbacks come bombarding my mind. I dont really get bullied anymore but back in the day I copped it pretty bad.

Boy can I relate to what you're saying right now. Today has been an emotionally trying day.
But this is my 3rd serious go at sobriety and if I recognize any patterns, usually some sorts of past emotions well up and hit me like a ton of bricks. It's always a far and away feeling that I haven't had since childhood. Anyways, today is apparently one of those days.

Fortunately they don't seem to last long.