Notices

God make this my last Day 1!

Old 12-24-2020, 12:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Do you like being sober?
Me? Yes. I "dropped out of life" 20 years ago and went from being the top of the class in school to the town drunk. I thought that was cool. I was wrong. Despite my mistakes I've got a job, family, friends and faith community that I only thought were passing dreams in the past. There's a lot more I could do and work toward, but I have a lot of good things going too. And despite the stupidity of my last 2 drunks this week, everyone in my life was kind and forgiving. I want to be like that to other people. Up till this week I was 30 days sober and really been appreciating how good life was.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Brian, I also reached out to family and was open with them. It made a difference. I put aside my shame and put down my armour and reached out. That damned armour was part of what got me so deep into the bottle in the first place. It's a relief to stop fighting and seek support and shelter, which is what this place is. x
Old 12-24-2020, 03:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Up till this week I was 30 days sober and really been appreciating how good life was.[/QUOTE]

The little bastard will wait till you loose attention and then strike back.. thats why we have to go to AA for life if we want to conquer this devil. Like in this movie A Beautiful Mind. It's part of us but we can say f*ck off, today I don't listen to you! So today, day 3 is yours!