Notices

Hello all - Chris from Tasmania

Old 12-25-2020, 04:46 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chris2 View Post
My name is Chistopher but I always use Chris.

Lady said my name is Chistopher as it's on my card and told to shut up (in front of a crowd)
Yes they were arseholes. The world is full of them!! But don't let that put you off if you NEED support

Wasn't David boon Tasmanian? Good cricketer he was. Fat bastard but good cricketer 😂

Old 12-25-2020, 04:47 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Moving back home as a 39yo worst move ever.

Complete disaster
Old 12-25-2020, 04:50 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
Yes they were arseholes. The world is full of them!! But don't let that put you off if you NEED support

Wasn't David boon Tasmanian? Good cricketer he was. Fat bastard but good cricketer 😂
Why though? I was in a crisis but polite? I've never spoken to anyone like I was.

Tim Paine and Mathew Wade play for Australia. Know them both and played against years ago as Hobartians
Old 12-25-2020, 04:56 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Chris, this time next year when you've sober for a while you'll be used to people to talking about control. As alcoholics a lot of us have an issue with control. I'm learning to let go of trying to control stuff. People behave in all sorts of ways that I don't like but I can't do anything about it.

Not my circus, not my monkeys.

You can only control and worry about yourself and let everyone else do their own thing.

Do you play cricket? I know no Ozzie's play it very well but you like to give it a go 😂🤭
Old 12-25-2020, 05:09 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I wasn't rude to anyone at hospital as was a sober.

I don't understand why staff told me to * off when the Paramedic said I needed urgent help?

Old 12-25-2020, 05:10 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Rang me hours after. Nice Dr guy.

He said come back in but I refused
Old 12-25-2020, 05:17 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Rang me hours after. Nice Dr guy.

He said come back in but I refused
Yeah you should go back in. You are letting someone else's bad behaviour harm you.

Your choice, seems odd to punish yourself for their bad behaviour. But so be it!!
Old 12-25-2020, 05:20 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Please, Chris. Go back. You need it. I know it is hard considering the way you were treated, but you need to think past that. Let us know how you do. Love from the other side of the world.
Old 12-25-2020, 05:29 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Erica375

Chris, rescuing Greyhounds is wonderful! They need you! My eldest and her husband also rescue and foster. It takes a special person to be able to do that.
Old 12-25-2020, 05:33 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Erica375

Oops! Posted twice.
Old 12-25-2020, 05:34 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Valium gone.

What do I do now?

I get shocking nightmares etc when I stop. My body jerks all over the place just lying down to "relax".

Sorry all but it's so difficult
I put off getting sober for so many years because I'd convinced myself I was weak and useless and could not handle 'real life' or reality sober.

In fact I found the fear of being sober was worse than the reality

Thats not to say sobriety was easy or pleasant....but it was certainly no worse than my drinking life, and considerably easier once I got used to being sober.

I don;t know that theres anything anyone here can say to convince you to give it a go but I hope you will.

All the years of self destruction and all the nasty experiences in the world may have wounded me but they didn't break me - you seem to to be cut from the same cloth..

I think you're more capable and stronger than you know Chris.

D

Old 12-25-2020, 05:44 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
Yeah you should go back in. You are letting someone else's bad behaviour harm you.

Your choice, seems odd to punish yourself for their bad behaviour. But so be it!!
I'm not sitting in that bloody room again. I'd rather die at home than with people laughing at me
Old 12-25-2020, 05:45 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
Please, Chris. Go back. You need it. I know it is hard considering the way you were treated, but you need to think past that. Let us know how you do. Love from the other side of the world.
I'm not going back. I tried and was let down.

Old 12-25-2020, 05:49 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I keep listening to Shakespears Sister - "Stay" old track
Old 12-25-2020, 11:08 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Wasn't around yesterday Chris was at Christmas picnic with my daughter, looking over Little Bay. It was beautiful, and a whole lot better than previous Christmas where I found myself 8 days sober arse up in a rose bush. Took a while to get those thorns out, doctor didn't find them so deep. I dug them out myself. I can see a metaphor happening here hope you spot it.

Chris, please don't think you are alone in having been treated badly by medical staff, particularly the nurse Ratched types, who still exist unfortunately. Lots of us have felt the indignity, but please don't use that as an excuse to keep the sorry saga continue. It's an exercise in futility.

There ARE lots of great batsmen out of Tasmania Chris, give it a bat willya. No cheating like Smith. 😂 Shame.

We are on your side, but you've got to be onside too.

If you have run out of valium and have the shakes badly, nightmares, withdrawal, please take the GOOD doctors advice and get yourself back to the hospital. Take care of yourself first.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:28 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hey Chris, I didn't mean you should be shamed. I meant Smith should be shamed. Hard to communicate here sometimes.

Hope you are doing OK.
Old 12-25-2020, 10:29 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

It does suck, that wonderful people like Brendan give their job their all, and the cops who helped you too, hearts of gold all of them, then somebody with God-only-knows what deep-seated trauma at the desk in A&E totally screws up all their good work with her issues. I know a couple of paramedics and they are the unsung heroes in our lives.

Chris, please do go see the doctor. If you don't want to do it for yourself, then do it for Brendan and the people who day-in-day-out put themselves out there for no other reason than to help their fellow human beings. This world needs good souls to be rewarded for their hard work - Brendan and folks like him, they want to see you get through this. This world needs souls like you to mend and heal, so you can be good in it too. This world needs people like that nurse to understand that their way is NOT the way we want this world to be anymore. They will only get it if enough of us stand up and be good and drown out the horrible, and the nasty, and the malicious.

Please do go see the doctor. You really sound like a very good sort, and the sort we need in this world.

Old 12-26-2020, 12:55 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

You around this morning Chris?