Notices

I am an addict.

Old 12-18-2020, 10:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Betterman, I’m truly proud that you managed to tackle your problem, I’m seeing a lot of proof here that it can be done. And I do appreciate it, I do not drink and I do not snort anything, it all goes down my throat. I just don’t know how this happened to me, I was never like this a few years ago, but the surgeries I had to have put me on the opioids, bipolar put me on the Clonazepam and seroquel that I abuse more than anything (remember I took a whole month worth of that in one week, don’t know what excuse to use about that, I’ll have to do without until my next fill date), and I’m on the same course with Clonazepam. The opioids are still a major problem as well, my mother takes them too, though she is not an addict, and when she leaves her bottle unattended I take as many oxycodone as I think I can get away with it. And let’s not forget my dads flexeril. And let’s not forget just plain ol Benadryl or any other allergy pill OTC that says may cause drowsiness.

i feel so weak, and ashamed. So many of you kind people are on the right track, and I admire all of you who have come clean, and I really appreciate all of you who are taking time to chime in 🙂

Tess
Old 12-18-2020, 02:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Tess, I thought you said "snorting". Some people crush their pills.

Bottom line, there are a lot of "legal" drugs in place, whichever way you look at it. And you're going to run out of 'script. No way to live.

And you want to get off. How?

Do you have a plan, Tess?
Old 12-18-2020, 03:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everyone is scared of taking the leap with their crutch Tess - but there's enough stories here to convince you it works out ok - better than OK

However tough the day gets, there's always support here

D
Old 12-18-2020, 03:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tess1990 View Post
Betterman, I’m truly proud that you managed to tackle your problem, I’m seeing a lot of proof here that it can be done. And I do appreciate it, I do not drink and I do not snort anything, it all goes down my throat. I just don’t know how this happened to me, I was never like this a few years ago, but the surgeries I had to have put me on the opioids, bipolar put me on the Clonazepam and seroquel that I abuse more than anything (remember I took a whole month worth of that in one week, don’t know what excuse to use about that, I’ll have to do without until my next fill date), and I’m on the same course with Clonazepam. The opioids are still a major problem as well, my mother takes them too, though she is not an addict, and when she leaves her bottle unattended I take as many oxycodone as I think I can get away with it. And let’s not forget my dads flexeril. And let’s not forget just plain ol Benadryl or any other allergy pill OTC that says may cause drowsiness.

i feel so weak, and ashamed. So many of you kind people are on the right track, and I admire all of you who have come clean, and I really appreciate all of you who are taking time to chime in 🙂

Tess

I would highly recommend looking at the similarities in the reply’s and other posts as opposed to the diferences.

we all had a substance problem, how it got into our bodies is not the main thing. The consequences are all similar, health concerns, money loss, job loss, friends and families... the list is endless. It’s the obsession to keep going that connects us all.

there is some truth that if you take pills legally you may have more in common and relate to someone who had the same issue, but you can get just as much sometimes out of hearing from an illicit drug user or an alcoholic. All had to overcome their demos and the social stigma attatched to what ever they had done. It took me a while to realise as I was scared and young when I started seeking help. I have met people in high profile professions who you would never know just looking at them what drug they chose. Met uni students, nurses, lawyers and the other end met people living in shelters, special housing. All facing the same dilema when it came to addiction. I’m not going to lie I have also met some outright scary people who just listening to or being close scared the life out of me but that is just people in general. You get good and bad and addiction does not discriminate. Everyone brings something to the table which is the main thing to remember.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Tess1990 ,

I too had started abusing my prescription opiates for years. Which would leave me in horrible withdrawal. Today I have 218 days off opiates. The first thing and the hardest part being honest with your doctor about your abuse of your medication. Ain't no turning back. With such a high does like that a taper would be recommend. I too was on very large doses. Excessive doses of Benadryl to stop all the itching from meds. I know the pain the mental state. Only a doctor can give you the best medical advice.