Notices

Big life decision

Old 12-04-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for listening to me today everyone, I appreciate it. What a day. I hope tomorrow is a positive start.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Gabe,

I will do something a bit similar. I've had a pretty good job for >10 years now, simply just want to move on an explore other avenues and have been planning it for a couple years now. I was not performing very well in it for a while anyway, not only because of my drinking, but I was not very interested in it anymore. I also want to take some time off between quitting this one and upscaling a business that I will be doing in the next phase; I never had more than 2-3 weeks breaks from working since I was 19. I already have a lot of plans for the break, in part I'll use it to train myself online for some new skills. I really look forward to a bit of downtime and hope yours will go well, too. I'm convinced it won't affect my recovery negatively as far as lack of routine, boredom, self-esteem etc go as I have many interests and can very easily occupy myself with hundreds of things, even in lockdown, and setting up a routine is not hard as long as I remain sober. It's definitely important to consider carefully how you would be dealing with career and whatever benefits you got from the job in the next phase. All the best to you!
Old 12-04-2020, 02:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This is great news. Hopefully you can limit your time spent with people who drink a lot or are in active addiction during this time. You want this time to be as productive as possible.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My recovery came when I made a big life decision and shuffled it all around as what I was doing was going round in circles trying the same things that didn’t work. Good luck with it and hopefully will be the best thing for you
Old 12-04-2020, 11:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
EndGame

Some people need to continue or to start working; others benefit from stepping away for a time from the stress and the responsibilities that come with working.

It sounds like you need a break.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
~sb

Are you working a program of recovery? It's a great time to focus on working whatever program you've chosen!!

I did not work the first 13 months of my sobriety (I did send out resumes throughout those 13 months) . I focused on staying sober those 13 months and it seems to have paid off nine years later!

I wish you well on your sober journey!