Notices

Gabe's Starting Over

Old 10-27-2020, 09:54 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Old 10-27-2020, 10:12 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

I'm okay, just sore. Had to work but finished early. Makes a change from drunk accidents!
Old 10-27-2020, 10:38 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

I am glad you are OK love. Ouch. s xx ❤️
Old 10-28-2020, 06:28 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

DAY 24.....

Ugh....working like this really sucks. I'm still pretty sore but I think it's getting a bit better. Managed to take the rest of the afternoon off and have also booked a massage for Monday (if we are not back in lockdown next week.)

Things are better at home too. I feel for the husband as I completely changed the goal posts on him (with attitude!) and it really shook things up for a bit. He is doing what he said would do though and I am really proud of him for it. He is giving me loads of positive feedback about what I am doing too and that helps give me a positive perspective when I am feeling a bit down. Just like we do for each other here!

Off to lay down again.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Gabe you are so close to a month!! I'm glad things are moving forward positively for you. It's not a totally linear process, so I'm glad that you're able to take little bumps/roadblocks in stride.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:00 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dpac414 View Post
Gabe you are so close to a month!! I'm glad things are moving forward positively for you. It's not a totally linear process, so I'm glad that you're able to take little bumps/roadblocks in stride.
I am so aware now that it is not a linear process!! I has bounced around all over the place to get here but I am feeling that I am on the right track. I think I can cope with most things in my life now, so long as I don't put any alcohol in my system. I am very aware of not starting to romanticise what drinking would be like....
Old 10-29-2020, 05:21 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

The ups and downs are not fun at all, Gabe! They are much better than the bottom of a bottle or two. Good for you!
It is very helpful that your S.O. is on board and supporting your efforts to maintain sobriety. If you dont mind my asking, why are you sore?
Old 10-29-2020, 06:11 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizz P View Post
The ups and downs are not fun at all, Gabe! They are much better than the bottom of a bottle or two. Good for you!
It is very helpful that your S.O. is on board and supporting your efforts to maintain sobriety. If you dont mind my asking, why are you sore?
Hey! It's making a big difference having him change his drinking habits. I think it has really motivated me to get from a place of just fire fighting, to actually planning how I want my life to be.

I had an accident earlier in the week and burst my nose open. I pulled some muscles in my neck and shoulder too, so it's been a bit of a miserable week. I am on the mend now though and still managed to do some work, so it could have been worse! x
Old 10-29-2020, 06:55 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
Hey! It's making a big difference having him change his drinking habits. I think it has really motivated me to get from a place of just fire fighting, to actually planning how I want my life to be.

I had an accident earlier in the week and burst my nose open. I pulled some muscles in my neck and shoulder too, so it's been a bit of a miserable week. I am on the mend now though and still managed to do some work, so it could have been worse! x

OUCH! Well, all of that makes sense now. I am so sorry for your accident. What a bummer. Rest up for sure.

Getting sober in a house when others are not sober can be difficult. For some people it does not bother them one bit. Through the years of my on and off drinking I noticed that I would be affected by my SO's alcohol consumption. I was not able to talk about my sobriety as it created tension etc. It was what it was.

This time around he is very supportive, asks questions and encourages me with positive words. But......this time around I am not concerned with his drinking like I had been in the past. I cant put myself on his road. I think this is the difference. I am concerned about how I am living.

That being said, there was an incident that happened last week where I let him know that when he does x,y and z when he is drinking it affects my peace of mind. If he is to drink then the x, y and z needs to be taken out of the equation. (risky behaviors that we all have done when drinking but when a person is sober its like "WHAT THA ****?")

Enough about me.
You are doing this, Gabe. So very proud of you. Your face will heal. Your body, mind and emotions will heal. Keep moving forward.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:36 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Thank you Mizz P....I think we are doing the same thing in that there are certain behaviours that I find really difficult to manage when he is drinking. If he can have a couple of beers and not too much, I am fine with it. It's taken a while to make that clear but I think we are getting there. I am glad for you too, in that you are in a situation that is easier to manage and less triggering for you
Old 10-29-2020, 09:39 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

DAY 25....

Back in lockdown....or pretty much. I just found out that the sports club I am a member of has gone bust and all those lovely folk who work there are out of a job. It's tough times and the winter is coming in. It feels like a time to reassess and find other ways of doing things. Back to walking and to trying out exercise in the house.

I am just so grateful that I have work and I love my work.

Holiday is officially cancelled and I had a small pang of worry about having a week off at home. But I am in control and I don't want to drink. I want some time off, to rest, read and potter about. I don't want to go to oblivion for 7 days because there is nothing else to do. So I am looking forward to it and I will have more time to spend here. Gabe xx
Old 10-30-2020, 11:16 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

DAY 25......

Very tired. Quick check in. 4th wkend sober and I am just looking forward to sleeping in and coffee in the morning. Feel like I have got myself back again
Old 10-30-2020, 12:07 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Awesome work, Gabe!
Old 10-30-2020, 02:01 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Gabe - 25 days is wonderful. That's a perfect description - 'Feel like I have got myself back again'. A feeling to treasure forever.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:42 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Gabe

D
Old 10-31-2020, 10:50 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

everyone for the continued support and checking in here. It's much appreciated.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:54 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

DAY 26...

I must need a break. I'm sleeping a lot

The second wave is really quite bad now and I am going to see my brother and sister tomorrow. From Monday we can't leave the city

I just want to send love to everyone across the pond - it's a big big week with the elections and I am sure you are all feeling it. As a global community we are beside you.

Happy sober weekend everyone xxx

Old 10-31-2020, 03:14 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Thank you....as an Aussie in America this is all very challenging.
I honestly still don't know if I can survive here.

Rest up honey, and have a good visit. s
Old 11-01-2020, 11:53 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Day 27
Old 11-01-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you enjoyed your visit with your brother and sister, Gabe.