Notices

Not sure how to start so bare with me

Old 05-26-2020, 04:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
vkf

Really appreciate the breakdown DriGuy. That Sir, makes a lot of sense.

Finally got a couple hours of sleep (maybe 2-3 actual). Sweat all night, demons trying to get me in my dreams, saying to myself man up and start grinding. Now onto the fog of walking around like a zombie trying to not let people see. Not knowing if I'm actually awake is not enjoyable at all and the hand shakes are back. Got to go to work feeling like a idiot having to look others in the eyes, hold conversations without a clear head is gonna be tough. I can barely even type this. Good grief this is horrible.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

vkf, your alcoholism sounds like it is more advanced than mine. My biggest issue was cravings, that seemed to me to approach insane. I was jittery on day three, but that was about the limit of my physical symptoms. Shame under the watchful eyes of coworkers is not unusual. The first 7 to 10 days are hard for everyone, but withdrawal doesn't last forever. You should feel better in about a week.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Work will be tough today, but you are sober. So, keep that in mind when you feel bad today. You're doing this.

And, yes, withdrawals can feel horrible, but you never have to go through this again.

Good job!
Old 05-26-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
vkf

Thanks guys. I'm feeling better both emotionally and physically (Thank you God).

Did want to say here to you all I reached out to a guy at work and he was able to help me decide to get back into AA. Time to get ready to work!!
Old 05-26-2020, 02:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You never have to return to that miserable place, vkf. Be proud of yourself for being determined to get free & have a better life. We all understand how difficult those first days are, but you're doing this.