Notices

Coronavirus (Covid 19) Part 4

Old 12-21-2020, 07:23 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
quat

Ivermectin , therapeutics are where the attention needs to be , the fact that so much isn't in that direction is concerning.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:53 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Aellyce, I'm in a high-risk category for contracting COVID, so have followed the research, not media, with interest. I understand that since before the year 2000 geneticists have been formulating GM Organism food, which grows with inbuilt vaccines (with the intention of distributing the food seeds to be grown in parts of the globe, where vaccines are not readily available). So the mRNA type vaccine science, previously unlicensed, was in existence, and it's that science that was used to create the COVID vaccine? But it couldn't be used for plants, because of world-wide legislature, and that legislature was set aside, in the race for a human COVID vaccine? Is that your understanding, too?
Old 12-21-2020, 09:57 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

hmm....
Old 12-21-2020, 10:27 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Ivermectin , therapeutics are where the attention needs to be , the fact that so much isn't in that direction is concerning.
The problem with Ivermectin and therapeutics, Vitamin D etc., is that they are cheap, so no massive research funds behind them, no monetisation. And I say that not as a cynic, but as a person who wishes to survive COVID, should I contract it, and a person who will take any safe measures to ensure my safety.
Old 12-25-2020, 08:31 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

The Queen's Christmas Broadcast 2020 (7:20)

Old 01-09-2021, 07:57 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

So I got my first dose of Coronavirus vaccine today at the hospital where I work. They offer both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, but we cannot choose right now and get whichever is on offer on a particular day, depending on how shipments and other distributions go, so it's kinda random. I got he Moderna one (some of my colleagues got Pfizer earlier this week). The second dose will be in a month.

Hopefully the vaccines will be available to everyone who wants them soon. At my hospital, for employees, it's been very organized and progressed quite fast; I did not expect to be eligible this early. They offer it now to all employees who work on campus, regardless of position, age, health parameters. Too soon to say anything about side effects for me, but they have people wait 15 minutes after the shot in case there is an immediate allergic reaction or something.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:01 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Funny I was the last one posting here 4 weeks ago given how active this thread was a while back - most of us certainly want to move on from this pandemic.

So I got the second dose of the vaccine this morning, it's been almost 12 hours now. Here is a little report of my side effects for those interested. With the first dose, I only had a sore arm for side effects, nothing else noticeable. Now my arm hurts a bit again and I feel a little achey and feverish. Just took my temperature and it's a bit elevated compared to my normal average, but only a couple degrees F. It's the evening and I don't even feel tired or weak, still pretty excited that the vaccination is complete!

I know many people through my work who are now fully vaccinated and no one I am aware of had any significant or particularly unpleasant reactions. Most experienced similar to me and what we hear from the common official reports. I would take these side effects anytime, not only over even mild COVID but also any hangover

In NY, the shots will presumably be widely available to people with a range of high risk conditions soon, hopefully nothing significant gets in the way now.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:06 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

I'm still waiting for my chance to get the vaccine. They are handling the whole thing very poorly in my area. My elderly at risk parents haven't even had their first dose yet.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:41 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm certainly waiting for mine to be announced.
I hope the rollout will improve for everyone soon

D
Old 02-07-2021, 06:03 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

I hope all of you who want to get vaccinated can go soon! Glad I timed mine for the weekend, getting the shots on Saturday mornings. Last night after the second dose was a little rough, but better to experience the peak of the side effects at night when I only needed to lie in bed and sleep. For me, it's mostly been some intense body aches for a few hours, temperature went back to normal quickly and I didn't have chills, fatigue or any other symptom. Much better now, ~24 hours after the shot, and I have not taken anything for the side effects.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:18 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

I got the 1st dose (Pfizer) a few weeks ago thanks to my job. Next dose is 4 weeks later. I also had sore arm. Thanks for warning about possible 2nd dose side effects Aellyce. I also hope access will improve soon for all who need it.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:21 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Unfortunately, I am unable to get this vaccine soon. I'm a bit annoyed with the tier I am in. Given that I work in a place where the community comes and goes all day long. I would estimate around 1,500 to 2,000 people a day.

Its just annoying and I am a bit frustrated. I am healthy. I will live. There are others who need it more than I do.....but still, ya know? If I get this virus my entire team is quarantined. Its a ripple effect and one that many many people will suffer from. I am grateful for my work and grateful for all that I have but I would like to feel a little safer at my job. I just ignore the issue and am patiently waiting.

(I am expressing my frustrations and I hope i am not being insensitive to others. We have experienced this virus first hand at our home. I am grateful to be working and feel for all who are not working at this time. We will get through this!)

I guess I seem impatient when expressing what I expressed but truly...lets just get this done and over with.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:08 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Yes, there are certainly many flaws in the vaccine rollout, including not taking individual risk factors (not just medical but what a person is doing every day, amount of social contact etc) properly into account. Right now, they still mostly just loop groups together.

There is now another, third vaccine in the US undergoing emergency authorization, from Johnson & Johnson. It uses a bit different delivery and mechanism from the other two but, from the initial studies, it seems quite effective, only requires one dose, and is already proven to work against different virus variants. Things might speed up a little when that's out as well, and I am sure there will be more coming.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:58 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by relena View Post
I'm still waiting for my chance to get the vaccine. They are handling the whole thing very poorly in my area. My elderly at risk parents haven't even had their first dose yet.
The mixed messages are the most frustrating. Just wish the government would give one clear picture of what to expect and when the vaccines will be available. Nobody seems to know what they are doing. Have to accept that this will take time. Meanwhile, it seems everybody around me is either sick or knows someone who is sick. John