Notices

New Here & on Day 5 - Can't Sleep!

Old 04-01-2020, 07:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
you can start creating the life you want right now. make your own routine...
Thanks, Sugarbear. My evening tea wind down has been helping me. Ordered an Agatha Christie book I've been wanting to read too.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Alcohol abuse is bad for your brain's chemical balance. It can cause a range of weird symptoms.

In fact, it causes weird symptoms everywhere in your body. Every time I drank I developed a metabolic acidosis.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jr67 View Post
Welcome, Lillith.

In the quick minute I have right now I just want to say your story sounds exactly the same as mine -- didn't think I had too much of an ethanol-dependency problem and was mainly trying a dry January to see if my blood pressure would go down, then I noticed strange withdrawal symptoms on day 5 and found this site.
Thanks but sharing some of your story with me JR, and some good advice too. Yeah, I definitely had the whole "functional" thing going and even had myself fooled. I'm very thankful I can see that now. And yes, this site is very helpful. I appreciate everyone on here. I'm glad your blood pressure improved!! Improved health means so much to me at this point too.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
Alcohol abuse is bad for your brain's chemical balance. It can cause a range of weird symptoms.

In fact, it causes weird symptoms everywhere in your body. Every time I drank I developed a metabolic acidosis.
Yikes, yeah the imbalance it causes can wreak so much havoc on our systems. No doubt. Thankfully I feel like I've really leveled out at this point. And I'm pretty thrilled about that.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I know how it's to suffer from insomnia.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by henrygreen View Post
I know how it's to suffer from insomnia.
I mean, I have been suffering from this since adolescence. For a very long time I created an atmosphere in the bedroom in order to get a good, trouble-free sleep. I set the temperature I need, which my climate control maintains all year round, I use only bedding made from natural fabrics, I chose a mattress with a memory effect and found a good orthopedic pillow here Ortorex.com, I have the right lighting in the bedroom that helps me feel me sleepy. I also have certain rituals, such as yoga, meditation and a glass of warm milk, that I perform before bedtime, but still I sometimes have trouble sleeping because of anxiety. I don't want to drink sleeping pills because it's addictive, but sometimes I cann't do without these pills. Have you talked to your doctor about special medicines to get a healthy sleep?