Notices

Please help

Old 03-15-2020, 09:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Do your employers know you were intoxed anxiousrock?
at this point I think I logged in last night some time and made calls on my own when I wasn't even working. Then I was still drunk half the day when I worked today. But they called and asked me to log in early this morning so at that time I'm guessing they didn't know but they might now.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hello,

As someone who deals with anxiety, I definitely understand how you feel. A few things I’ve learned about anxiety first hand:
-It lessens when you get sober, you may feel slightly more anxious in those early days, but it will substantially lesson once you’ve been sober for a bit.
-The wondering and waiting is the worst part of anxiety, and you cannot change the outcome of your calls today, so worrying about them won’t help. Try to focus on what you can control today.

Mindfulness is an important part of my recovery, it is also very helpful for anxiety. Learning to remain focused in the present moment, this is NOT easy, and I still work on it, but it really helps.

Get up and go to work tomorrow sober, make one positive choice at a time. You can do this!
Old 03-15-2020, 10:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hello,

As someone who deals with anxiety, I definitely understand how you feel. A few things I’ve learned about anxiety first hand:
-It lessens when you get sober, you may feel slightly more anxious in those early days, but it will substantially lesson once you’ve been sober for a bit.
-The wondering and waiting is the worst part of anxiety, and you cannot change the outcome of your calls today, so worrying about them won’t help. Try to focus on what you can control today.

Mindfulness is an important part of my recovery, it is also very helpful for anxiety. Learning to remain focused in the present moment, this is NOT easy, and I still work on it, but it really helps.

Get up and go to work tomorrow sober, make one positive choice at a time. You can do this!
thank you for thi . I am very much trying to stay in the moment but I cant help but wonder what i did last nigh . Right now I can't stop puking and it reminds me so I cant stop dwelling. I also cant keep any water down and I've puked up everything in my stomach long ago.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Your anxiety is heightened because of the alcohol leaving your system. I am only day 6 so just a few days ago, I was up all night having anxiety attacks and trying to piece together muddled memories. I have about a 2 week gap in memory. Just little snippets that I don't really know when or if they happened. If you ride this out without drinking, you will be back to your normal self in a few days trust me!
Old 03-15-2020, 10:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Your anxiety is heightened because of the alcohol leaving your system. I am only day 6 so just a few days ago, I was up all night having anxiety attacks and trying to piece together muddled memories. I have about a 2 week gap in memory. Just little snippets that I don't really know when or if they happened. If you ride this out without drinking, you will be back to your normal self in a few days trust me!
it is heightened I know but I really screwed up.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Does anyone know you screwed up?
Old 03-15-2020, 10:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Regardless of whether you screwed up or not, there's nothing you can do about last night AR.

I really think a better focus would be on making sure it never happens again?

D
Old 03-15-2020, 11:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Regardless of whether you screwed up or not, there's nothing you can do about last night AR.

I really think a better focus would be on making sure it never happens again?

D
it will not happen again. Ever. Especially if I lose my job
Old 03-15-2020, 11:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you won't lose it.

D
Old 03-15-2020, 11:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope you won't lose it.

D
me too dee. I love it. It's all I had going for me
Old 03-16-2020, 12:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
I just did this to myself 3 weeks ago. I hate myself, guys. I hate who and what I am.
You don't deserve this hate and to quote one of my favourite rehab films, 'this is not who you are, these are just things you've done'
It's time to start afresh.

​​​​​​I'll just be echoing other people's post but the time for action is now, put down the alcohol, check out Dee's link for recovery plans and put something in place today - the clarity you'll receive after the initial hurdles is nothing short of miraculous

Sending you giod thoughts and blessings ❤️🙏
Old 03-16-2020, 02:16 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Billymacintosh View Post
You don't deserve this hate and to quote one of my favourite rehab films, 'this is not who you are, these are just things you've done'
It's time to start afresh.

​​​​​​I'll just be echoing other people's post but the time for action is now, put down the alcohol, check out Dee's link for recovery plans and put something in place today - the clarity you'll receive after the initial hurdles is nothing short of miraculous

Sending you giod thoughts and blessings ❤️🙏
alcohol is down for a while now. One bottle is my limit and that is what I had. Unfortunately i worked after that and my memory of it isn't good. I don't know what I did but I know that I messed up a lot.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:19 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Samantha

I just spent hours trying to figure out my files and couldn't yet. The only reason I stopped is because my computer crapped out.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:22 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

alcohol is down for a while now. One bottle is my limit and that is what I had. Unfortunately i worked after that and my memory of it isn't good. I don't know what I did but I know that I messed up a lot.
​​​​​​
As Dee said though, there is nothing you can do about it if you did. You may need to do some reparation in places and potentially face some music but the main focus MUST be what are you putting in place to make this the first day if your new life
Old 03-16-2020, 03:03 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
luring sobriety this way with my lucky charm

So first of all, I want to say that I am sorry that this is happening to you right now, and I know the feeling of drinking and sending weird or inappropriate texts and emails, including to a professor of mine, and just some to less important acquaintances that were complete nonsense fiction. I think many of us relate to doing things like this when drinking. In fact one of my largest sources of regret is my maladaptive social behavior while drinking.

I was very concerned reading your recent threads and read a few more...and I found posts saying that you work 7 days a week???

No wonder you were trying to work while you were black out drunk and making calls when you weren't even on shift. You worked while you were drunk, well congratulations on your tenacity, but I just want to make a gentle suggestion that maybe ...just maybe...losing this second job you have on the weekend wouldn't be such a bad idea for your overall mental health, and for your sobriety.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:08 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by BeckoningCat View Post
So first of all, I want to say that I am sorry that this is happening to you right now, and I know the feeling of drinking and sending weird or inappropriate texts and emails, including to a professor of mine, and just some to less important acquaintances that were complete nonsense fiction. I think many of us relate to doing things like this when drinking. In fact one of my largest sources of regret is my maladaptive social behavior while drinking.

I was very concerned reading your recent threads and read a few more...and I found posts saying that you work 7 days a week???

No wonder you were trying to work while you were black out drunk and making calls when you weren't even on shift. You worked while you were drunk, well congratulations on your tenacity, but I just want to make a gentle suggestion that maybe ...just maybe...losing this second job you have on the weekend wouldn't be such a bad idea for your overall mental health, and for your sobriety.
I know you're right. I took the job to begin with to keep me from drinking and it was working but now....with what is going on in the world I had to drink. Or I thought I did. And of course I drank all night and morning until I finished the bottle.
like I always do.
I don't deserve my jobs anyways.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:27 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
luring sobriety this way with my lucky charm

I know you're right. I took the job to begin with to keep me from drinking and it was working but now....with what is going on in the world I had to drink. Or I thought I did. And of course I drank all night and morning until I finished the bottle.
like I always do.
I don't deserve my jobs anyways.
Oh I don't mean that you don't deserve your jobs. It's just that no one should really be working 7 days a week, and especially someone in recovery ...that's an unbelievable amount of stress for anyone, especially for a person who probably uses alcohol to deal with stress.

I know we are all different, and some people thrive under structure and schedules (I don't, personally) but I thought maybe it would help your recovery to be less anxious about a job that you probably are being harmed by anyway, since you don't have days off just to be you.

I know I would want to escape. But then again I know for some people work is an escape to them.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:11 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
p***enger

How are you doing, AR?

The first thing you can do to help yourself is, don't take a drink today.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:44 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
How are you doing, AR?

The first thing you can do to help yourself is, don't take a drink today.
I'm really not okay. I don't know what to do. I really screwed up.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:50 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I’m so sorry you’re deep in the **** right now. I’m not yet to 30 days but I can share that my withdrawal was horrible. I had just come off a huge bender and was paranoid, anxious AF, crying constantly, couldn’t leave the house, catastrophizing etc. I ruined some really important relationships and made potentially long-ranging life choices while on the aforementioned bender and still feel bad about it (and have an anxiety disorder or two anyway) but someone here told me that since I can’t undo it, I can at least use it to catapult myself into recovery and for whatever reason that felt really helpful to me.

It really, really sucks. And I’m sorry again. I just hate to hear folks’ narratives when they center themselves as a awful pieces of **** because it is very rarely true. If you can, give yourself some grace because you deserve it.