Notices

Please help

Old 03-16-2020, 01:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I remember a few years back going to an earlier opener pub, knocking down a few beers, & then turning up to work. Got caught, of course, & I still have no idea how I didn't get fired.
As if that wasn't enough, even though I knew I had a drinking problem, I'd know for years, of course, I didn't learn the lesson. I just waited to get the inevitable warning from the boss, & for the "heat" to blow over, & I kept drinking.
As was said earlier, what's happened has happened, & you'll probably have to face the music for that, but it's super-important that you get something in place in terms of where you're headed.
Best wishes AR, hope it sorts itself out quickly & as painlessly as possible.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by prettiekittie View Post
I’m so sorry you’re deep in the **** right now. I’m not yet to 30 days but I can share that my withdrawal was horrible. I had just come off a huge bender and was paranoid, anxious AF, crying constantly, couldn’t leave the house, catastrophizing etc. I ruined some really important relationships and made potentially long-ranging life choices while on the aforementioned bender and still feel bad about it (and have an anxiety disorder or two anyway) but someone here told me that since I can’t undo it, I can at least use it to catapult myself into recovery and for whatever reason that felt really helpful to me.

It really, really sucks. And I’m sorry again. I just hate to hear folks’ narratives when they center themselves as a awful pieces of **** because it is very rarely true. If you can, give yourself some grace because you deserve it.
I don't think I deserve anything right now. I'm still puking and it's been almost 24 hours since I started puking. I'm worried. Little bit of blood. All bile cause I hadn't eaten. All popped blood vessels.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Purpleman View Post
I remember a few years back going to an earlier opener pub, knocking down a few beers, & then turning up to work. Got caught, of course, & I still have no idea how I didn't get fired.
As if that wasn't enough, even though I knew I had a drinking problem, I'd know for years, of course, I didn't learn the lesson. I just waited to get the inevitable warning from the boss, & for the "heat" to blow over, & I kept drinking.
As was said earlier, what's happened has happened, & you'll probably have to face the music for that, but it's super-important that you get something in place in terms of where you're headed.
Best wishes AR, hope it sorts itself out quickly & as painlessly as possible.
this means a lot. Thank you so much.