Notices

The itching thing

Old 02-26-2020, 05:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Update: i bought cortison spray today. Treated the scratched "mole" or whatever. I dont know if its the spray or the itch fades but i have the feeling the itch waves got much less. There are still little "hot spots" itching here and there and i treat those spots too.

I just dont understand how this little spot itches so much. Ill see the next days.

My feet got much more flexible. The numbness fades day by day more.

No other signs of post withdrawal syndromes.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have read itching can be part of withdrawal. It is described as a sort of neurological hallucination.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
I had the itching and thought it was toxins leaving my body. I also had rashes. Everything cleared up by the end o f the first year (I don't have dates, I just know things change and then get better!).
Pretty much my experience.

I just put it down to body repairing. After all, any scab or cut gets itchy in the last stages of healing, so I just figured it'd be years of alcohol seeping out of my pores and the itch was it repairing.

Don't forget, alcohol is also used as a disinfectant, degreaser and cleaning agent, so years of tipping it into us is bound to have consequences and a subsequent healing stage.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi GruSome, glad you're here. Congrats on your sobriety. Sorry, can't help with the itchiness. I pray all will be well.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Got better again today. Just faint itching on back. But yesterday was good too, still when i went to bed i had a wave again for about an hour.

Other than that its going uphill. Just i need to get an ok on that work so my depressions about my money problems and health care go away.

Not losing a thought on alcohol. No cravings. I crave for food because of my rice salad chicken diet i am always hungry.

Also my face got much more slim again, no more puffy cheeks. I feel more confident now going out.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Update: Noticed that my shirts rubbing on my skin provoke itching, same on the birthmark wound. Today i tried change all my laundry, bed sheets, washed even the clean clothes. Then put Zinc creme on the "pimples" on chest and neck. Dont know how it goes ill see.

Not working is bad. I sit around much time when i dont have to do shopping, listening to my body and every little itch, pain or weird feeling drives me crazy and stresses me. Didnt get an answer yet from the company where the interview was positive. Can finance myself for 3, maybe 4 months. Writing resumes every day. Checking the web for jobs every half an hour.

I tried jogging but my condition isnt good i could barely reach 300 m without stopping and being sweaty out of breath. Plus i got now a wound on my soles hurting when i walk around.

I am thinking about now changing my diet to "normal" food, not rice and salad each day. Maybe even little sugar again.

I sleep long. I slept today 11 hours. But i have energy when i wake up.
Got a schedule, shower, foot bath, cremes, breakfast, checking companies. Feels good to follow a plan. My house is medium clean, as good as i can alone. Sure i could do more but i concentrate on health and job search. At least i removed all bottles, cans, Pizza boxes and made it semi cleanish.

Problems and worries pile up but i hang in there.