Notices

Sober Valentine - Weekenders 14 - 17th February 2020

Old 02-15-2020, 05:28 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Sunday and HOT here, really muggy, 38C and humid. Even the pool feels like a hot bath and the water coming out of the taps is warm . I want to climb inside the fridge lol
Trade ya
Below freezing here
Old 02-15-2020, 10:17 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning Weekenders,

Nice to see you hawkeye. Good job on your 7 months, I'm 2 months behind ya, and may it stay that way forever. And I agree Sao has great pics and stories.

Hope you find some way of staying cool Willow. I remember being in andalousia a few years ago in extreme heat, I think I must have visited every church in Seville and Cordou, god kept me cool !

Time to tidy up around the house today.

Hope you are all well weekenders.
If your not post.

V.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

Willow, it’s really tiring when it’s hot and muggy...hope you manage to keep cool.

The weather here is wet and windy. Heard it in the night and there’s a few broken branches around but I think, ok otherwise.

Visiting in-laws this morning..

Was anyone watching masked singer’ on U.K. tv last night? It was the final. There was a lot of good detective work on the social networks. They got the last three spot on!

Have a good day, see you later. xx
Old 02-16-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Firefight Australia concert is on tv tonight. I rarely watch tv but am enjoying all the Aussie musos get together in concert to raise money for the communities and wildlife affected by the fires ❤️❤️❤️
Old 02-16-2020, 03:02 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Nice to see you Hawkeye x I am doing good thanks, still sober but the battle is real. Only working a 4 day week and have 8 days off. I have a plan for the week to get back on an even keel so just need to make it to Thursday without caving in again.

On a positive note the boys have started getting along again so pretty chuffed with that. They have been play fighting with no hissing or aggression, and even snuggled up on the sofa together for a short while this morning. Hope it continues.

Today I am grateful for all the weekenders and that it has stopped raining! xx
Old 02-16-2020, 05:37 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

Hope everyone's Valentine weekend is going well.

I got my pre-Valentine "gift" too - a redundancy note from the employer.

They are letting go of our entire department.

"Funny" - it took me 5 months to go through all the paperwork BS to finally got to the job which lasted about 7 months.

They are giving us about 2,5 months to wrap up things.

Suddenly things are falling apart again.

If it's some sign from the Universe I would really appreciate it stop going around the bushed let me know plain and clear what the hell it wants to do.

The last 1,5 months have been extremely emotionally draining at work, when the possibility of losing a job started emerging.

I stopped counting days long ago, but this Valentine's I passed my 7 years and 4 months sober mark.

That's about all, I think.

Have a good one, weekenders.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:01 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Mr

Good news Manta.
You got them 4 days nailed.
I know it's hard but every day sober is a success for our kind. 8 days hols is a bonus 👍

MB sorry about your job. I remember all the red tape you had to go through to get it.
Have you started job hunting already ?

In France if you work for 6+ months it opens your entitlement to unemployment benefits for 2 years. So I dont know how it is where you are but I suppose you will be entitled to something...

How's everbody's Sunday going ?
Old 02-16-2020, 06:06 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Mr

Forgot to say (how could I) it's great to hear from you Leigh. Hope you are feeling better.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:34 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Thank you, Vinny.

Two years...Wow. Three months tops here.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:43 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good to see y'all hanging in there willow and manta!
Sorry about the job blue. When 1 door close another opens.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:48 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Manta, Leigh, Midnight and Hawkeye, good to see you!

Sorry to hear about your job Midnight....I hope you find something soon.

Manta, great that the boys are behaving. my two, though they’re girls, squabble one minute and friends the next.

My Sunday is going well Vinny. Back from visiting family. Looking at houses for sale....they’re so overpriced.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:27 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

We were talking about KD recently.....not sure where....how amazing is this from yesterday in Aus....

Old 02-16-2020, 10:21 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi SR, haven’t stopped in lately but yesterday I celebrated 6 weeks alcohol free. I had an appointment with an addiction counselor last week. He prescribed me Acamprosate, I haven’t filled it because I’m not craving alcohol. I’ve had a rough few week filled with expenses, huge ones. Also, lots of work stress. Instead of looking at all this as a reason to drink, this bad turn of events has solidified why I shouldn’t drink. I don’t crave alcohol. I have a lot of mess to fix, drinking will just cause much more stress.
I did have a relaxing Valentine’s Day, simple flowers, cards, chocolates (these I do crave), and dinner with my husband. Sunday is full of errands and preparing documents. I know no major moves the first year, but I’m buying my first home. So drinking will throw that hole process out of wack. My reasons not to drink are too numerous to even pause for a drink.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:45 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Mr

Good job on your 6 weeks Mariposa.
Best of luck also with the home hunting.

Nighty night weekenders.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:51 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My valentine is my little beagirl Billie. She is my constant companion and loves me unconditionally.

She snuggles next to me at bedtime and is always right next to me when I wake up. She is the light of my life.

Old 02-16-2020, 12:16 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's a really nice looking spot that Billie is in least, sunny with a great view. She is a smart looking pooch.

Great to see you guys - Willow, MantaLady, MidnightBlue, Venuscat, Mariposa.

MB that's rotten news about the job, especially as you quit a good one to take it up. You're a really smart woman, if anyone has a gram of intelligence they will employ you in a heartbeat.

Enjoy your days off Manta.

I do hope jr checks in.

My older sister and brother in law came to lunch today, they are off to Mexico (Cancun) for three weeks soon, lucky so and so's.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:29 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Many thanks - Venus - for your headzup on the Oz Fire Fundraising Concert. This led to me finding the Set there from Queen below, and making MesaMate's Sunday by blasting it on my new JBL Studio Monitors as a surprise. Before a Lunch of my leftover Valentine's Day Enchiladas, even.

Hard to believe, I know, but I have a story. Decades ago, I used to haul in one of my large Amp/Speaker sets on Wheels, and blast We Are The Champions as her High School Volleyball Teams ran out into the Gym. LONG before anyone was doing this sort of stuff - even in Pro Football - her Games in the early '80s were legendary for being part Athletic Competition/part R&R Show. The kerfuffle from competing Teams over this creativity caused a ban on such 'Shows' at Away Games in a few School Districts known for easily getting their Panties in a wad. Upsetting the sanctimonious types in wealthy School Districts was all part of the fun. Her Team never won First Place at State Playoffs, but placed very well. Meanwhile, the other Coaches thought she was as much a Babe as I did.

All these memories had MesaMate crying happy Tears this Morning as I blasted this Vid linked below, so this Sober Sunday is already another one to remember. I got the leaky Toilet repaired yesterday - THAT turned into quite the unexpected, lengthy repair challenge - so today we have time for our Daily Soiree down to the local Dog Park.

As Sao said, 'tis good to see everyone checking in, and fighting The Good Fight...

~ 'Queen' ~ Live In Sydney 2020 ~
Old 02-16-2020, 12:37 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

The entire Fire Fight Australia concert is airing here (US) on Fox on Feb 29.
Sounds funny to say Feb 29.
I added it to my youtube tv recordings.
Sure lots of us here will be able to watch that. s

Old 02-16-2020, 09:36 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning Weekenders,
It's coffee o'clock I think.
Indeed this is a leap frog year.
This will be my 29/02, cant wait...
"The Bay Strikes Back"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20200217_063245_107.jpg (81.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-16-2020, 10:02 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

Vinny, coffee o’clock sounds a good time to have coffee.

MesaMan, that was a really nice valentines surprise for MesaMate.

I’m loving all the music....I can’t watch some of the videos because the flashing lights send me weird....yeah more than I am already.

Least, your Billie is adorable and looks so content and happy sat by the window. ❤️

Marisota. Good luck with moving house....it’s certainly an insentive to not drink. Great to know we can put the money to better use than tipping it down our necks.

Saou, I may be wrong but did jr say he was going on holiday.

Have a good day, don’t work too hard who are off to work today.

See you later. xx