Notices

Days we didn’t expect - WEEKENDERS 07 - 10th February 2020

Old 02-09-2020, 08:51 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

Storms are still brewing here.

Kaily

I’m not sure if it’s the weather causing it but our internet is on and off.

Dragon, all the best with your online training class. If it were me, I’d be tempted to stay in the quiet bit too, specially as you can get a coffee too!

Catch you later, time for some porridge. x
Old 02-09-2020, 09:03 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I tried to photograph the moon for you last night Mags. Not very successfully as it's a long way away.

Old 02-09-2020, 10:18 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

We’ve been getting brown outs with the electric Mags, all the lights keep flickering and acting like flames. Supposed to get heavy snow according to the Met office but no sign of it yet. Packed my winter kit bag for the car, hat, gloves and thermals, warm socks, water and energy bars just incase. Got stuck once in the 2010 storms and had to abandon my car and walk miles home after it taking 9 hours to drive from one side of Bradford to the other!

Hope everyone has a good Monday xx
Old 02-09-2020, 10:42 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay safe UKers!

D
Old 02-09-2020, 11:21 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks Dee, no sign of any storms here this morning

Good luck with your training class Dragon, does the early start mean it's based on the east coast or something?

I hope everyone made it through the weekend but if not then try again because life's better without addiction.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:10 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Sending you heaps of love and support Kaily ❤️
Old 02-10-2020, 04:57 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Made it through another weekend!
No desire to drink but my last nerve was definitely stepped on.

Wishing all y'all the best for the rest of the week
Old 02-10-2020, 05:47 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Magsie

Great photo’s Kaily

MantaLady I think it’s good to be prepared. I hope the snow doesn’t get like it was the other year.

Humber Bridge was closed to all vehicles yesterday but open today except for high sided vehicles. The bridge security were at the slip road actually policing the vehicles who could and couldn’t go on.

Fish, glad you made it through.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:17 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Happy Monday, Weekenders!

Despite having to work part of the the day on Saturday (unpaid overtime, boooo) on workywork that I was behind on, it was an ok weekend. Man Friend and I went out for a somewhat swanky dinner on Saturday night for our annual Un-Valentine's Day dinner. We don't "do" the actual holiday, but any excuse to go out to have a good steak is fine by us. Then yesterday we shopped and had lunch. That's pretty much our normal Sunday routine. I get up early and go to his place to Watch CBS Sunday Morning and have coffee, we chat a while, then head out to buy whatever either one of us needs, and often things we do not need, and then have lunch somewhere. Then sometimes I let him kick my butt in Mario Cart on his Nintendo 64, or we go to a movie if there is one we both want to see. Pretty simple pleasures, the kind I like these days.

However, I fear he gave me whatever cold or crud he thinks he has. My throat feels a bit sore this morning. I have a beastly long week coming up, so fingers crossed I can fight it off. Since getting sober I don't get sick much. I loaded up on vitamin C this morning and I'll be trying to sleep a little extra for a few days.

Kaily - I think you will know when it's time to say goodbye to your dog. Such a heartbreaking decision to have to make, I know.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:19 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Great photo’s Kaily

MantaLady I think it’s good to be prepared. I hope the snow doesn’t get like it was the other year.

Humber Bridge was closed to all vehicles yesterday but open today except for high sided vehicles. The bridge security were at the slip road actually policing the vehicles who could and couldn’t go on.

Fish, glad you made it through.
Happy Monday everyone! hope it’s off to a good start and the snow isn’t too bad. It’s just cold in NYC lol. I was at work early to issue a release - my first time doing it sober! Went over the wire without any issues.

glad you made it through the weekend Fish!

Old 02-10-2020, 10:14 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

MLD, sorry to hear that you are getting some cold symptoms. I'm getting over it. Not sure if it has been a cold or just a reaction to the incredible amount of pollen that has been in the air the last few weeks.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:55 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Thanks mags and ss!
MLD my spousal unit was sick Friday and Saturday.
Other than getting on my nerves she was fine yesterday. Hopefully you kick it quickly.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:55 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders. Bin collection/Recycling day here. I'm glad I no longer account for about 30% of the content of the glass and bottles bin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20200211_075115.jpg (39.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 02-11-2020, 12:26 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Mr

I went out early enough this morning for some croissants etc. In the car park of the residence on the ground near my car were a few empty beer bottles and the persons ruck sack with lots of stuff inside it. I had a look around to see if I could find anyone but nah. I think somebody somewhere this morning is regretting they drank yesterday.

Glad it wasnt me.

Late reply to JR.

Hello JR

I'm not in the alps.
In a small village called Cauterets in the Pyrénées. Living near enough to the Pyrénées it's not too difficult for us to organise a few days skiing (economically and logistically)

I know Grenoble pretty well though.. I have a few friends there. If you get the chance go visit the parc du Vercors.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...one_Alpes.html

Voila voilou.
Bisous
Vman.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:10 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

Bin collection was a nightmare when I drank. I hid the wine bottles under the tins and 4ven took some to the supermarket recycling centre, so it didn’t look too bad. Then I went on to ‘3 bottle wine boxes’. Easier to get rid of the evidence but worse for me.. So glad that is behind me.

Though I’m going to be honest again.....with the side effects of the injections it seems to have brought back tmy feelings to when I drank....and the thought is there. There’s no way I will drink...I value my freedom from those chains. But there’s a niggle more than normal. I’m intent on feeding the good wolf and I have no cravings just mental stuff going on. I’m working through it.

Still stormy here but the sun’s just come out. It’s going to be a good sober day.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:11 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Magsie

Vinny, it looks a lovely place.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:30 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Mr

Hope those side effects wear off soon Mags.
Did you ever hear of a luminotherapy lamp. May help lift your spirites. As ever exercise is essential. It's whats keeping me sane and grounded anyways.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:58 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Oh yes ! Who can forget the dreaded recycling wine bottle days omg.... that brough back some memories ...ugh.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:28 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Oh yes indeed. Those endless empties and what to do with them. I just put one or two in our normal recycling and then trudged off with the rest to various other drop off points. It's definitely a kind of special freedom not to think about how to get rid of them any more.

Good on you for dealing well with the mental stuff, Mags. You could do without that kind of mind intrusion but if the injections really make a difference to the asthma it's a price worth paying. Hopefully it will improve soon.

Sun out here too. It's very welcome.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:48 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I have a large, tall cabinet in my garage where I stored my collection of empty beer cans for return. That space now stores my summer (or winter) tires plus everything needed for tire and oil changes.