Notices

Starting to not count the days

Old 12-29-2019, 07:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sometimes I can be a bit obsessive and anxiety is a huge issue also.
I'd like to count days of things that I'm trying to change - like currently am struggling with a diet change.
The "I want to be able to see visual progress" like app or calendar then immediately gives way to 'but I don't want to see progress cause then I may want to celebrate or get cocky.'
Am torn.
Congrats on your days!
Old 12-31-2019, 12:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I stopped counting after a few days, because I didn't want to do that much work. When I had 3 and a half months, I just called it 3 months. When I had a year and a half, I called it a year. Somewhere around 15 years, I lost count of the years. If I couldn't keep track of the years, how could I expect to keep track of days? Eventually just being sober, is more important than the length of time you have been sober. My goal is to not drink anymore, not to count the days like I was in a prison. That's no fun.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iAmSam View Post
Sometimes I can be a bit obsessive and anxiety is a huge issue also.
I'd like to count days of things that I'm trying to change - like currently am struggling with a diet change.
The "I want to be able to see visual progress" like app or calendar then immediately gives way to 'but I don't want to see progress cause then I may want to celebrate or get cocky.'
Am torn.

Congrats on your days!
Remembering that we get to choose how we view this (and everything) is important.