Notices

240 days fam

Old 12-30-2019, 04:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

240 days fam

Good morning my sober peeps. Hope all is well in your recovery. Look fam I'm gonna keep it real. I had an episode happen to me last night. Yes there is a happy ending. I'll get to that. But anyways what made me up was Dee posted this thing on urge surfing and I was like whoa thats exactly what happened to me. It was weird cause all of a sudden I had this thought of. I want a beer and when I stated that my girlfriend was like ah no! And you know boozers dont like to be told that. Right away I was like what you mean ? I'm a grown ass man I can do what I want kind of tude . So to defuse the situation she went and took the dogs for a walk. Now in the time while she gone I had to dig deep in me. Almost talking to myself. I sat on my porch. Bowed. My head and had a moment of silence. Soon after I'm kind of still talking to myself. No I'm not crazy lol. So this is what I did I was like man dude why you gonna **** a good thing up? And I was like yeah your right. I got too much invested in me to **** it all away. So I wrote a note to my girlfriend and on it I had said hey babe I'm sorry but I was having a bad craving but the thing was I didn't act on it. It passed. And then I made me a tea. Just like that I was good back to normal. Went had me a delicious burger and fries with ice water abd lemon. So yeah Dee good timing on that. So fam today I am 240 days sober. I will not drink.....today ✌
Old 12-30-2019, 07:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for being so honest SoberRican. You are so strong and are always so firm and strong in your sobriety. You are a real leader and inspire so many of us. It is good to see that even the strongest among us are going to wrestle with this beast from time to time and that we have to remain vigilant.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yep. Stoopid AV.

I know men don't like this (but I'm a woman, so...) but your GF has your best interest at heart and she loves you and wants the best for you. I tend to balk at people who try to tell me what to do, but I do a little gut-check and sometimes they're right.

So I don't cut off my nose to spite my face. (That's an old saying, you can Google that one.)

Well done.

Onward.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I always say it's not the thoughts that count its what we do with them - and you did well Sober Rican )

happy 240 man

D
Old 12-30-2019, 04:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow - that is excellent. You are coming close to your first "birthday"
you really and truly are an inspiration. You make becoming sober part of the cool club!!! I like when your days add up- because it means I have one more day too
Old 12-30-2019, 04:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

SoberRican, yay for you! Good job on being prepared and getting through that. And, big congratulations on 240 days.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done & congratulations on 240 days!
Old 12-30-2019, 10:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Here's to 241! And 242, and 243...
Old 12-31-2019, 12:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

I think you done great not drinking .. everytime you get over a craving your sober muscles get such a boost .. I don't like to spotlight people but seeing your daily posts always brings a smile to my face

Good job SoberRican
Old 12-31-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks all of you. I post my counts and shout outs just to give folks the encouragement and what I say and feel is real fam and fresh . I have not done this before. Here we go!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2019, 06:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have not had the urge to drink, which Im attributing to the anti depressants Im taking.

Every day though I have to do the inner work to get centered and keep myself on track because Im very aware that temptation could come on at any time.

Im not going to fight it, just let it pass.

Thanks SoberRican for sharing your journey.