Notices

blessing or curse

Old 12-11-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi john

I'm sorry you're dealing with that.

I empathise - it sounds like a day more common here than you'd want to believe for forum staff.

Lets try and remember we all want the same thing - you to be sober and happy.

D
Old 12-11-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Well, being moody during a normal day is one thing, dealing with several classes of 6 graders excited about the holidays while talking to a kid that is thinking of suicide or cutting herself and going through the process to make sure she is safe is not a good time for me to be dealing with my moods or personal problems. That was my Monday. How about you? John
Look Scott, I'm trying to be open and honest on this forum that I haven't done in a very long time. I'm reaching out. By the way, this you've been down this road before also includes a lot of sober time. You didn't seem to see a need to mention that. John
Old 12-11-2019, 03:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi John - this thread is going to go nowhere if your current mode of posting continues.

Ironically you're mentally stuck on past posts I think, because there's nothing in this thread that should upset you this much,

if you have a specific problem with a particular member PMing them is probably best, or you can approach Anna and me.

Dee
Administrator
SR
Old 12-11-2019, 08:20 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Look Scott, I'm trying to be open and honest on this forum that I haven't done in a very long time. I'm reaching out. By the way, this you've been down this road before also includes a lot of sober time. You didn't seem to see a need to mention that. John
Actually I did mention the fact that you are a much different person when you are sober, please re-read the post. If you would care to go back and read some of the other responses I've given you over the years, you'd also see that I've many times praised your helpfulness and understanding towards other members when you aren't drinking.

We all have a lot of crap to deal with in our lives - i'm sorry to hear you had a difficult day today, but that's really not the point. If you are truly being open and honest you need to first accept what the real problem is - that you are still drinking alcohol. I'm not here to argue who had a worse day or anything of that sort - I'm here to stay sober and help others get there if I can - just like Dee and Anna and everyone else. Listen to the advice they and everyone else here is giving you, we do understand believe it or not.
Old 12-24-2019, 10:00 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

John - you've been pretty silent for a couple of weeks. I believe your plan was to quit sometime last week, were you able to make that happen? Holidays are certainly a tough time of the year for all of us but I wish for you to find the resolve to quit. And if you have I hope you can come back and share, there are a lot of people here who would wish a sober Christmas for you - I know I do.
Old 12-24-2019, 02:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

2much, I can completely relate. I've been a member since December 2012. 7 years of posts. I was reading some old posts of mine recently and it's the same story over and over. I feel like Bill Murray's character in Groundhog Day. I've been in 'Groundhog Day' for a decade.

I've made some nonsensical posts while drunk out my mind. Then I post when I am going through withdrawal. After that, when I am sober, I am posting positive messages about how great I feel etc.

As they say in AA, keep coming back!
Old 12-24-2019, 04:43 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Compliments of the season John

D