Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 3

Old 11-30-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

It is so hard to stay up when time changes! After sundown it feels like 10 o'clock. And the cold sure doesn't help. I can't imagine what it would feel like if I hadn't grown up this way!
Old 11-30-2019, 04:42 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

What apps do you all use to upload your pictures to to link them here? I had used imgur before, but that doesn't seem to want to work for me anymore.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:54 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Administrator

Citrus there are some pretty easy instructions here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...our-posts.html (How to put pics in your posts)

Congrats on your graduation guys

month 2 awaits
D
Old 11-30-2019, 05:22 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Awesome Dee! Thanks for that and moving our thread.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:24 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Spinning some yarn and listening to an audiobook. Awesome way to spend a sober Saturday night.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:47 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Love that Citrus

Yay for the thread move!

Landed safely at JFK, in a taxi on my way home. It’ll be my last night alone for a long time, and not much of one as I’m going straight to sleep End of day 28 here and still loving the fact that not a single person I was with drank a drop all of thanksgiving weekend.

Tomorrow, I’m officially moving in with my boyfriend. We are keeping my apartment for another few months, because he’s renovating his place and we may need to live together at mine temporarily at some point. But for now, my cat and I will be moving into his place as of tomorrow. I’m only taking her and a few other essentials for the moment, but it is the beginning of something really big, and I’m very excited. No more nights alone and no more nights drunk — very excited about it all.

have a good night everyone
Old 11-30-2019, 07:53 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Thank you SBTS. Glad you made it home safe. Happy Moving day for tomorrow!
So awsome that everyone stayed sober as well!
Old 11-30-2019, 09:00 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Yes, happy moving day SBTS! That’s awesome ❤️

I have a few drunken related injuries that I mostly try not to think about... but the most notable was deciding to run up a hill with 3 other drunk friends, in high heels. Not surprisingly it didn’t end well. One girl tripped and split her head open on the bitumen road, and I fell and split my chin open and lost a tooth. Yup, not my finest hour. I really miss that tooth and I was soooo unwell and sore and sorry for myself the next day. Just awful. Thank goodness those days are behind me I don’t ever want to go back there again!

Today I’m having a sober Sunday and I’ve just been for a swim and am about to head out for a walk.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:07 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness Willow! Good thing that will never happen again.
I am really lucky and only had little bumps and bruises. Oh... although one time I went to push one of those corn holders into a cob, missed and it went all the way into the top of my thumb by the joint. I am so naturally clumsy that that could have easily happend either way. And I did take my toenail polish off the other day and realized I have had a nice bruise under my nail, no idea when that happend but probably one of the last few times I was drinking.

Hope you have a nice walk!
Old 11-30-2019, 09:11 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Ouch those corn cob holders are sharp! Lucky the joint didn’t get infected! I don’t know how I used to justify my drunkeness and try to convince myself it was “normal “. Maybe because all my friends were drunk too. Now I’m avoiding some friends as all we did together was drink.... I’m sticking to myself a lot more these days but I like it, I actually don’t much feel like being sociable. Maybe one day I might but it’s easier to not be around drinking friends at the moment.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:15 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

I feel the same way. We have a good Dad friend his boys are the same ages as my younger two and he is honestly both my husband and my best parent friend around here. But he makes my drinking look mild. Love hanging out with him, but I've been dodging invitations to get together to play Risk. Luckily my boys haven't outright asked to go play. And how awful that we would drink while playing board games with the kids around like that is a totally normal thing. Ugh. But yeah, it is going to be a bit before I feel like hanging out with him. And all of the sports Moms seem to drink. I live in a really rural area and the thinking is a lot of well what else have we got to do but drink? I for one can think of lots of things now. I have no idea how most people around here function in the mornings.

Anyway, it's time for me to go to bed. Lots of love to you all. I am so happy that we are on this journey together. This class is really amazing. Looking forward to being sober with you all tomorrow. ❤ Goodnight.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:22 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

I can't remember any serious drinking injuries. Scratch that, I remember running down a flight of stairs in my house and missing the last five steps, falling to the bottom and "rolling" my ankle so bad I thought I was going to pass out.
I once knocked a lamp over in my living room and broke it, but I wasn't hurt. It was a nice architectural lamp from the 70s from my parents and I really feel guilty that I broke it. They probably still think I have it in a bedroom or someplace, but no, it's gone.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:14 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Goodnight Citrus!

Tiles you just reminded me of a nasty drunken ankle roll too, ohhhh I thought I would pass out too from the pain. Ouch. Like Citrus, I’m clumsy enough without alcohol, but when I drank I became seriously accident prone. I was often sporting bruises, most of which I didn’t remember receiving.

I’m so glad to be sober!
Old 12-01-2019, 03:10 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Morning all. Feel quite a bit better today after cleaning up the horrible shrapnel around my apartment and cleaning myself and getting in to new clothes. This is a nice thread, very welcoming which is what I need right now!
Old 12-01-2019, 03:27 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Good morning all and welcome Briansy, I'm glad you're feeling better.

I can't recall any drunk injuries, but one bad moment is when I got real drunk at Ozzfest. I decided to take a short cut to the parking light and climbed a fence (I wasn't driving). I proceeded to fall in poison ivy and almost felt like just sleeping it off right there. After that I developed bad poison ivy and didn't make it to work. Of course I don't remember much of the concert!

Three weeks sober today and I'm down five pounds. Feelin good!
Old 12-01-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're feeling better Briansy

Congrats on three weeks JimiC!

Cringing at all the drunken injuries. I never seriously hurt myself, thank God, but did used to constantly have bruises I couldn't identify. I'm naturally a bit clumsy, fall down even when sober and bruise easily, so you can imagine how much worse it was when I was drinking.

Outonthetiles I knocked over a lamp too one time. My friend had been over and we had gazpacho for dinner (not much of a dinner) and split three bottles of wine, so both seriously drunk by night's end. When I got into bed I knocked over the lamp trying to turn it off. I thought I'd only broken the bulb, but no, I realized when I woke up in the morning that I'd split the lamp right in two at the base. It was only from West Elm, nothing valuable, but I had to buy a new one which was really stupid and it was just one of those "what am I doing drinking like this?" moments. Of course, quashed the self-questioning instinct and kept drinking, but so glad that is done now.

Day 29 and moving day, thank you to everyone for your good wishes, I am going to rest a bit longer then off to pack I'm not taking much, just my cat, her stuff, and some limited clothes and things. It's looking like the renovations in my bf's apartment might start in just a couple of weeks, so we might be back here at my place together soon.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:46 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

SO so happy for you dear SBTS.
Is your cat doing OK?
Is she used to your boyfriend's house....I love cats.....so

❤️

Awesome posts.....although I can feel that fall Willow. Shudder.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

My #1 task for today is to acclimate her Suze My bf is picking us up at noon and then has to go do some work stuff... so it'll be just the two of us (me and kitty) for the afternoon.

I'm going to start her off in one room and see how she does. His place is a lot bigger than mine, which ultimately will be good for her but I fear it might be overwhelming at first.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:44 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Falling was my drunken "trademark". Awhile ago I fell down our backyard hillside, dislocated my finger and am STILL recovering from THAT fall...and bruises, and now this???Ugh! Thank goodness that I am sober now and did not experience kindling or PAWS when I stopped.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:48 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

I can relate, Citrus and willow!