View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
soberbythesea

I'm glad you're feeling better Briansy

Congrats on three weeks JimiC!

Cringing at all the drunken injuries. I never seriously hurt myself, thank God, but did used to constantly have bruises I couldn't identify. I'm naturally a bit clumsy, fall down even when sober and bruise easily, so you can imagine how much worse it was when I was drinking.

Outonthetiles I knocked over a lamp too one time. My friend had been over and we had gazpacho for dinner (not much of a dinner) and split three bottles of wine, so both seriously drunk by night's end. When I got into bed I knocked over the lamp trying to turn it off. I thought I'd only broken the bulb, but no, I realized when I woke up in the morning that I'd split the lamp right in two at the base. It was only from West Elm, nothing valuable, but I had to buy a new one which was really stupid and it was just one of those "what am I doing drinking like this?" moments. Of course, quashed the self-questioning instinct and kept drinking, but so glad that is done now.

Day 29 and moving day, thank you to everyone for your good wishes, I am going to rest a bit longer then off to pack I'm not taking much, just my cat, her stuff, and some limited clothes and things. It's looking like the renovations in my bf's apartment might start in just a couple of weeks, so we might be back here at my place together soon.