Administrator

you out there B ABM?

D
Old 11-22-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

BABM, where did you go?
Old 12-31-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

BABM, haven’t seen you in a while. Was thinking about you and your kids and hope you are doing okay.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey back to the drawing board my friend. Dont trip. Try figure out what piece of the puzzle is missing. Hey you have today to figure it out for.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you'll check in BABM - lots of folks care about you here.

D
Old 03-09-2020, 10:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello ya’ll. Been a couple of months since I‘ve posted. Been doing really well. Haven’t drank since around Christmas. Staying away from women and staying busy has really helped. I’m also religiously taking my Antabuse. I hope everyone is winning their battle.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
nez

So good to hear from you BeABetterMan. You can do this. Keep moving forward.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:17 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Great to see you alive and kicking, BeABetterMan! Let's do this together, I'm really looking forward to reading from you.

Well done!
Old 03-09-2020, 01:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Hello ya’ll. Been a couple of months since I‘ve posted. Been doing really well. Haven’t drank since around Christmas. Staying away from women and staying busy has really helped. I’m also religiously taking my Antabuse. I hope everyone is winning their battle.
Good to see you back 😊
Old 03-10-2020, 01:34 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thanks for checking in! And with a positive report too. I’m so glad to read this. I hope the kids are well .
Old 03-10-2020, 02:28 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to hear from you BABM

D
Old 03-10-2020, 05:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Great job hopping back on the wagon! Miss your posts.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:42 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Had a little slip but I’m still sober a lot more than I am drunk which is progress. All this isolation and down time though is really causing the drink to call to me. Thank God for Antabuse. It’s kept me straight many days when I’m feeling weak. I haaaaate battling this thing.

I had a friend over to help work on my truck and we hung out for quite a while. He was talking about how everyone thinks I’m killing myself and what a waste of my god given intelligence and personality. Everyone thinks I’m lazy. I feel lazy, I just get bored or overwhelmed or whatever and that drink grabs ahold. But I’m sober today and have been a lot lately. Progress rather than perfection? I don’t think that’s what they meant, but hey, it’s my post and I’ll use it how I darn well please 😂

God bless you all.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:22 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your sober time BABM.

Theres a lot of work around for essential services - paid and unpaid.
If you're not doing much that might help fill some hours and do somegood for others into the bargain

D
Old 04-05-2020, 09:28 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

You are here BABM and I am proud of you, we all are. We are a family and we support each other through thick and thin and genuinely want to see you succeed at this.
You CAN do this, you already are. This is growth and I believe in you!
Nic.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:47 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Had a little slip but I’m still sober a lot more than I am drunk which is progress. All this isolation and down time though is really causing the drink to call to me. Thank God for Antabuse. It’s kept me straight many days when I’m feeling weak. I haaaaate battling this thing.

I had a friend over to help work on my truck and we hung out for quite a while. He was talking about how everyone thinks I’m killing myself and what a waste of my god given intelligence and personality. Everyone thinks I’m lazy. I feel lazy, I just get bored or overwhelmed or whatever and that drink grabs ahold. But I’m sober today and have been a lot lately. Progress rather than perfection? I don’t think that’s what they meant, but hey, it’s my post and I’ll use it how I darn well please 😂

God bless you all.
I second NicLin’s post above to you.

You can do this. You did it for 67 days, so we know you can do this. You wrote “All this isolation and downtime is really causing me to drink...I hate battling this thing.”

Please don’t let yourself be tricked into thinking the isolation and downtime is causing you to drink. Your addiction is causing you to drink. I know there are A LOT of drinking memes/jokes/forwards going around in regard to this crazy time we’re living in and how alcohol is the solution to dealing with it all. Multiple friends have said to me “ I can’t believe you’re not drinking during the coronavirus! I don’t know how you’re doing it!”

Uhm, it’s ME who doesn’t understand how THEY’RE doing it drinking. If I was drinking right now, I would spend all evening and night drinking, all day under the covers recovering and anxious, and then repeat. I would waste money, my health would be jeopardized, and my working from home productivity would be a joke. Nothing would get done for months and I would sink into a deep, filthy, depression and my home would look like a wreck.

After 20 years of alcoholic drinking, it is shocking that I have that perspective now. That I see drinking as making this surreal time so much worse, not so much more bearable. The reason I see it that way is because I am no longer “battling this thing”, as you stated so clearly. That said, I am still holding the door shut with 2 arms to stop the addiction from coming in, but I am past the point of trying to find the door and shut it and desperately hold it closed, which is where you seem to be when you are still drinking occasionally.

I agree with you totally. It’s about progress, not perfection. But only by (eventually) doing this perfectly (no drinking at all) will the door become securely latched. Then your battle can end. You can do this. I know it. As cliche as it sounds, if I can do it, anyone can.

Now is as good a time as any to practice perfection in regard to sobriety. Then you can say to yourself, “wow, I made it through the coronavirus. I can make it through anything.” And I know you can.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:11 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I don't know how you did not get so sick drinking while having Antabuse in your system. I did that once and ended in the hospital....I don't want to say anything bad about Antabuse because you seem to be doing well with it....but it does not stop the cravings...Campral stopped all cravings for me...and then when I drank I did not get sick on it....I just didn't want or need to drink as much when I was on Campral….

I hate alcohol its a battle and it always seems to win.
Keep up your fight....routing for you.