Notices

Husband lying about suboxone use

Old 08-19-2019, 07:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ralphs1wifey View Post
My husband has been an addict for years (he hates that word) He jumps from one thing to the next and never sees an issue with it. Last year he detoxed from suboxone at home. I know it was hard on him but boy was it rough for me to watch and hear. I found a suboxone strip in his wallet a few months ago and he swore it was just a one time thing and it would never happen again. (Heard that a million times) I guess I am what's considered an enabler because I feel like I'm living in a revolving door of lies. I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth ever and I haven't for awhile. I have been trying to just not say anything about what I have found this time but it's really hard. I just don't want to be blamed for his use and I don't want to fight in from of my son. My life is very lonely. I have no friends anymore and I don't go anywhere because I feel like I have to watch my husband so closely because I can't trust him. I just want him to admit it to me. Isn't that easier? Will that ever happen? I know I should probably leave him it's just so hard because I love him and I know the kind of man he can be. He just chooses not to be that person anymore I guess. I don't know if he ever will be that person again or if he even wants to. Am I holding on to someone who doesn't care because that's what it feels like?
Suboxone is used to treat opioid dependence/addiction. Sounds like he is trying, to me. How about a frank conversation with him? Go to his next doctors appointment for his refill and together formulate a plan? You might be, "Shaming," him, which almost always leads to a quick fix or mood changer of something, for an addict.

For me, the keys to marital commitment are: Keep facing one another, Communicate honestly, Encourage each other, Be on the same page with God. Pastor Timothy Keller once said: Friendship is a deep oneness that develops when two people, speaking the truth in love to one another, journey together to the same horizon. The same could be said for marriage.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think it's important to keep in mind what trailmix said:

we're here to listen

D[/QUOTE]
should be 4 c's. Can't compete with it either
Old 08-19-2019, 08:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can come to a resolution that gives you peace of mind. Please look into AlAnon for support for yourself and your son. Never mind Ralph, think about you and your son's needs.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CRRHCC View Post
Suboxone is used to treat opioid dependence/addiction. Sounds like he is trying, to me. How about a frank conversation with him? Go to his next doctors appointment for his refill and together formulate a plan? You might be, "Shaming," him, which almost always leads to a quick fix or mood changer of something, for an addict.

For me, the keys to marital commitment are: Keep facing one another, Communicate honestly, Encourage each other, Be on the same page with God. Pastor Timothy Keller once said: Friendship is a deep oneness that develops when two people, speaking the truth in love to one another, journey together to the same horizon. The same could be said for marriage.
I'm sorry he is not "trying" he just thinks that is a better choice than opiods. And he does not get them from a Dr. He has had this addiction before.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Update...i finally just broke down and asked him. He said he is not using and I said if you were u wouldn't tell me anyway. He said yea so why are you even asking then... still at square 1. Can't even begin to get into deeper conversation with him. I've been hospitalized and I can't bare more stress right now
Old 08-22-2019, 09:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are having such a tough time. It is hard to move the focus off an addict and onto ourselves. Somehow addiction has a way of pulling everyone in.