Notices

Daughter gave away my dog

Old 03-13-2021, 07:30 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I’ve followed this story from the first post, reading the updates. I wonder how old your daughter is, because that last stunt seems so childish, and so clueless, if it wasn’t intentionally mean. It’s so difficult to piece together your relationship with your daughter, but she sounds full of resentment.

I grew up with an alcoholic mother. She was an angry drunk and verbally abusive for most of my young life. Did I resent her, you bet. But, I can’t imagine deliberately causing her pain or being mean to anyone, intentionally. I also healed myself of that resentment in my 20s.

I found it very helpful to set very firm boundaries on my mother, as far as tolerating her judgment, unkind remarks. Maybe you need to set boundaries on your daughter?
Old 03-13-2021, 08:04 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Ive been trying to put myself in your shoes, Daisy. I keep coming to the conclusion that I would cut my daughter out of my life if this were to happen. No more contact. This behavior and the manipulation surrounding it is so infuriating. I am not you though.

I also am able to walk and not look back. Sometimes it serves me well and other times it may be questionable.
Survival mode kicks in.....

I do agree with boundaries. You are allowed to say how you will be treated in your life. We are allowed to draw lines in the sand with our mental and emotional health. I support you, Daisy.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:49 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by daisy1 View Post
I know it's frustrating for you all to hear about how impotent I seem in all this but basically I just get told I created all of it because I nearly drank myself to death.
You don't sound impotent to me. You have unconditional love for your daughter. You're protecting yourself from her being in such a position again.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:01 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I would never have anything to do with her ever again and I wouldn't go back on that.