Notices

Daughter gave away my dog

Old 07-06-2019, 08:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry, and I would definitely get the Police involved. Our pets depend on us to protect them. In my opinion, it's not okay for your daughter to refuse to talk to you about this.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This definitely doesn't add up. Considering she didn't adopt out your other dog, and Daisy was elderly, it's highly likely she may have actually passed away and is too afraid to tell you, especially since she won't give up where Daisy is supposedly living now. Maybe in her mind if she's still alive with someone else, it would be easier for you to deal with than her being gone altogether. You said she was with your daughter and her father? Have you asked him about this at all? Maybe there was an accident that your daughter feels guilty about and doesn't want to explain? If it were me, I wouldn't pretend everything is ok and you're ok with her decision. I'd refuse social meetings or discussions until this was resolved. Just my two cents. Good luck!
Old 07-06-2019, 08:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

my daughter started yelling during her birth and has basically never stopped, she is very hard work and always has been. I'm completely baffled and heartbroken because I love her so much. I've been in touch with the police, they advised I send a letter to the people and give a specific date that I want the dog returned, and if she isn't returned I will return with law enforcement.
I will have to send it to her father as I don't know who has Daisy. Hopefully at the very least I will find out why she has done this - she didn't come for lunch because I messaged her and said I wanted to talk. I didn't want to confront her, I know I'm weak but I don't have much fight in me and I'm so scared of upset in case I want to drink. I have to take it further though because I'm sick of waking up crying and wanting the dog back.
Thank you so much for your support, I can't tell anyone else really because I just feel like I deserve everything I get if that makes sense x
Old 07-06-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My daughter is staying with her father at the moment as he lives much closer to her work and friends. Her dad won't speak to me either and said he's being guided by her - strange because we are still friends or so I thought. My dad also tried to speak to him but didn't get anywhere.
You have all given me the courage to fight thank you so much
Old 07-06-2019, 09:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Daisy, please contact the police again, relay what just happened. Have them pay a visit to your daughter and her father. This behavior is unacceptable and criminal in my opinion. No one deserves to be tortured like this. I don't care what your life circumstances are. I'm sure the police can get some answers. I wouldn't let up until the truth is revealed.

I'm so sorry this happened.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This is heartbreaking but first it’s most important you don’t drink. The daughter may not want to tell you something, the dog may have passed on. It would be too much to handle right now. So like a parent would tell a child a story about a dog. If the dog is with another couple in a week or two sober the dog must be returned. I want you to stay as positive as possible and really heal and bond with your other dog. When you feel stronger and stable in your sobriety get the truth. Then either your dog comes back or it’s time for a new chapter, new puppy to keep you sober and active. Maybe a rescue, and you two save each other. My heart breaks for you at this moment. Your story inspires me as well to stay sober to be a better dog mom.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Daisy, I hope you keep in mind that you are in the right in this situation. Your daughter stole something from you and gave it away. Keep calling the police and insist that they follow through with your daughter to locate the dog. As with many of us here, our pets are a significant part of our recovery.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank s guys. I've avoided reading through until now because I get so upset. I'm getting advice tomorrow morning, and I've been to my doctor who has started me on antidepressants so I hope I stay level headed enough to see this through and not drink xx I will keep you posted
Old 07-08-2019, 03:15 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinking again would be throwing in the towel Daisy. Considering what happened to you last time, it would be an incredibly dangerous risk.

Whatever happens you will survive this. We're with you

Good luck tomorrow

D
Old 07-08-2019, 03:29 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Daisy, I am so happy you posted again...I was/am worried about you! Please take all the advise given here, from the police AND not drinking...your Pups deserve a sober Mom and YOU deserve to be sober! Keep posting!!!
Old 07-09-2019, 10:05 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Did you find out any info on your dog from your daughter yet?
Old 12-14-2019, 12:46 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Update

After persuing this matter legally, or trying to, my daughter dug her heels in and severed all contact with me. I could have taken the police with me to get my dog, and forwarded an email I got from the police to my daughter's father in the hope that he might advise her to return Daisy. He said I was threatening him and also severed contact - I desperately messaged him asking him to meet up, so he could see I wasn't trying to fight or threaten, and that just text communication sends the wrong message all the time.
Afterr weeks of no contact with my daughter I couldn't bear it, and I couldn't bear the idea of involving police into her young life.
So I managed to get a message to her promising never to mention the dog again. She's seeing me and loving me again, but the pain I feel from not knowing who has Daisy and if she is ok is terrible. I have to sneak off and cry when my daughter is here. I've asked God to help and he hasn't brought daisy back, so I get angry. I'm saying the serenity prayer a lot which helps, but then I get angry and tell it to kiss my butt. I have had to relinquish control over this sad situation and put my daughter before me and my dog, to try and make amends for all I have put her through. I'm still no wiser as to why she did this and why she refuses to discuss it but I have to try and let it go. I love my daughter but hate what she has done.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:47 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I didn't drink though!
Old 12-14-2019, 12:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

This is an awful situation, I really can't make sense of it. But you have done so well to not let the AV in during this stressful time. You've really got this-well done.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:59 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

I find your daughters actions baffling but I'm glad you stayed sober daisy1

D
Old 12-14-2019, 01:00 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thank you, I can't make sense of it either - I'm not holding back info I promise, I just haven't been given any! I have my other dog and I have a four month old magpie I rescued as a tiny baby so I'm not completely bereft :-)
Old 12-14-2019, 01:12 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I find this an incredibly cruel and emotionally abusive thing to do to a person.

Im very sorry Daisy.

You must do what you feel is right for you, but if it were me....well, we wont talk about that.

Incredible violation of boundaries.

Good on you for not allowing this to be an excuse to give up and drink.

The devil sure likes to use situations like this to convince us its OK to participitate in our own destruction.

Heartbreaking
Old 12-14-2019, 01:23 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

My daughter, much as I love her, is the epitome of the snowflake millennial generation. Has a nervous breakdown and stresses about her mental health all the time, but seems unable to discuss matters properly if it's someone else's mental health suffering. She's only 18 and I hope maybe one day she comes good!
Old 12-14-2019, 01:41 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

That sounded a bit harsh, I would never say that to her obviously!
Old 12-14-2019, 01:49 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisy1 View Post
That sounded a bit harsh, I would never say that to her obviously!
I thought you were being too nice

Not even an "mom, Im so sorry" from her?

She is not the injured party here.

Sorry if I now sound harsh. I just lost my William and I loved that dog SO much!