Notices

5 Accomplishments today because I'm sober

Old 07-12-2019, 05:27 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zombie79 View Post
Today's 5...
1- up at 6am, no hitting snooze, making the most of my morning.
2- got all my work finished really early and was granted a half day
3- took the dog on 3 longer walks. I think she's getting used to the routine and we're both walking a bit faster, feeling good
4- I told people in work that I'm no longer drinking. None of them know the extent to which I was drinking but I was invited out and I declined because essentially it was a boozy night out.
5- my Fitbit has shown me that in 8 days, my resting heart rate has decreased by 15bpm! And my fitness has increased. Still in the 'poor' section but, it's improvement.

I'd like to think I look a bit better complexion wise. I'm not waking up covered in sweat/grease from all the sugar I've been burning off at night or grease from crappy food I've eaten coming out of my pores. I've taken a picture of my face on day 7. I'd like to see if in the coming weeks, theres a visible difference.
Zombie I know from experience...telling people at WORK that you had a drinking problem and you are stopped..is a HUGE step because I remember doing that...and once you do that....your secret is out and I do believe it adds to your sober toolbox....cause it means you are really serious...and you exposed your secret and now if you drink...there's even MORE at stake and you knew that...so awesome for you!
Old 07-12-2019, 05:30 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
Then maybe list 5 ways that you were productive at work or today in general in a way you couldn't have been if you had been drinking/hungover & feeling like garbage? The smallest things count!!
Linners thank you for reviving this post....
My 5.
1. Got my dementia Dad to shower.
2. Got colonge for my sons birthday tomorrow, along with balloons and food....
3. Made an appointment for my breast exam (2 months late).
4. Ran my Dads credit report to see just how much someone is stealing.
5. Made up with my younger sister I was fighting with.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:31 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zombie79 View Post
Been busy today...
1- learnt a new skill
2- did a load of washing
3- out with the dog a lot, especially loved walking in the evening, beautiful sky and could smell a lot of people having barbeques still.
4- I received money from an eBay sale and bought food and nice shower gels(now sober, I spend more time in the shower!) Not once was I tempted to buy alcohol. Two weekends ago, that money would have been wasted.
5- started a new craft project
Zombie! You are knocking the accomplishments out of the park and documenting them...so cool....I'm reading them all...could add some to my list..from everyone.