Notices

5 Accomplishments today because I'm sober

Old 06-12-2019, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5 Accomplishments today because I'm sober

Accomplishments build my self esteem....Accomplishments build strength.

1. Cut both my front and back lawn and bagged the grass.
2. Picked my Dad up out of a Funk.
3. Made BLTs
4. Did a load of laundry
5. Smiled for no reason...

Please share any you have if you want to...so maybe I can steal some for another day
Old 06-12-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Helped setup church rummage sale and voluteered at food pantry (usually do food pantry on Wednesdays. Went grocery shopping after, even though I was getting tired --- remembered I had no time constraints since this is my day off (Easy Does It). Let myself take a nap even though I always feel like I "should be doing something with my day off". Woke up from said nap and realized it was my Alcoholic Voice telling me I "should be doing something with my day off"
Old 06-12-2019, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fabulous Missy!

Let’s see-I went to the store to buy a rocket kit for my kid. Still on deck is building said rocket kit - the part I don’t enjoy at all! Then I calmed the dog during the thunderstorm. Did a load of laundry (to include folding the laundry), checked my work email, sent out a newsletter, and did the dishes. May try to squeeze in some video games with the kids tonight.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great thead.

1. Woke up sober
2. Went to work after being on holiday and caught up
3. Cooked dinner for family
4. Put son to bed and read him stories
5. Watched tv with wife without falling asleep
Old 06-12-2019, 03:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love this idea!

1. Woke up at 6am
2. Tried a new recipe which was delicious - drunk me would never have been bothered to cook
3. Finished another recovery book on my Kindle. When I was drinking I didn't have the concentration/memory to even attempt to read but I've read loads of books in the last few months.
4. Tried a new exercise class
5. Had a productive work day
Old 06-12-2019, 03:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I spent about 6 hrs weed whipping the side of this creek we have and mowing the lawns. Its something I would have done anyway only this time I was all anxious from not drinking. Its only my second day 3. I am lucky to only have very minor withdrawals. Went to the bank to put back the money I took out to pay a fine. Went to court yesterday for a fail to yield ticket. I figured the judge would drop the points and I would have to pay the fine. Well the officer did not show up so my ticket was dismissed. No fine, no points.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
Helped setup church rummage sale and voluteered at food pantry (usually do food pantry on Wednesdays. Went grocery shopping after, even though I was getting tired --- remembered I had no time constraints since this is my day off (Easy Does It). Let myself take a nap even though I always feel like I "should be doing something with my day off". Woke up from said nap and realized it was my Alcoholic Voice telling me I "should be doing something with my day off"
Yea...I'm not GOOD at Easy does it at ALL....I always feel guilty taking a nap...ever since I quit working.

I'm glad you spell out AV because I never KNEW what everyone was saying when they used AV.

Sounds like a great day...
Old 06-12-2019, 05:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Atlast9999 View Post
Fabulous Missy!

Let’s see-I went to the store to buy a rocket kit for my kid. Still on deck is building said rocket kit - the part I don’t enjoy at all! Then I calmed the dog during the thunderstorm. Did a load of laundry (to include folding the laundry), checked my work email, sent out a newsletter, and did the dishes. May try to squeeze in some video games with the kids tonight.
A freaking rocket!?? LOL...I won't be doint that...but laundry is always a good accomplishment for me...you should see my room...lol...

Another accomplishment for me...might be NOT DOING DISHES...

Thank you for sharing.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
I spent about 6 hrs weed whipping the side of this creek we have and mowing the lawns. Its something I would have done anyway only this time I was all anxious from not drinking. Its only my second day 3. I am lucky to only have very minor withdrawals. Went to the bank to put back the money I took out to pay a fine. Went to court yesterday for a fail to yield ticket. I figured the judge would drop the points and I would have to pay the fine. Well the officer did not show up so my ticket was dismissed. No fine, no points.
Wow..you GOT BLESSED for not having the cop show up....thats so great! I think you are doing great for Day 3 with the physical stuff..OMG..I hope you sleep well tonight
Old 06-12-2019, 05:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
Great thead.

1. Woke up sober
2. Went to work after being on holiday and caught up
3. Cooked dinner for family
4. Put son to bed and read him stories
5. Watched tv with wife without falling asleep

so you have a happy son and wife....so sweet....sobriety can be sweet!
Old 06-12-2019, 05:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by noaddedsugar View Post
Love this idea!

1. Woke up at 6am
2. Tried a new recipe which was delicious - drunk me would never have been bothered to cook
3. Finished another recovery book on my Kindle. When I was drinking I didn't have the concentration/memory to even attempt to read but I've read loads of books in the last few months.
And ate how many donuts? LOL...Just kidding...yea...I don't cook or eat when drunk...thank you for that reminder....I needed it.

I want to exercise...I have to put that in a future plan soon.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
Yea...I'm not GOOD at Easy does it at ALL....I always feel guilty taking a nap...ever since I quit working.

I'm glad you spell out AV because I never KNEW what everyone was saying when they used AV.

Sounds like a great day...
Same here on the Alcoholic Voice!

Wednesdays are cool for me because I get off from work, then, if they need a guy to cover Sunday, I'm the first in line. So I never have more than 3 days in a row to work. And I just asked my boss for this by "accident" a couple years ago (it seemed right, but it was like I was hearing someone else do the talking as I asked him ), and he just said "yes"!

I feel like when we got a snow day from school, except it happens every week!
Old 06-12-2019, 06:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by noaddedsugar View Post
Love this idea!

1. Woke up at 6am
What did you cook? I’m stuck in a recipe rut and always looking for something new and yummy.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Woke up clear headed.
Went to work.
Was told I am looking younger everyday since I quit the booze.
Did a ton of work on a zombie bible.
Spent ten minutes thinking up chicken puns with my colleagues.
Looking forward to going home and seeing my dog and my partner, ordering in a poke bowl and watching Netflix without feeling like I need a drink to get through the evening.

Huzzah!
Old 06-12-2019, 07:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
Same here on the Alcoholic Voice!

Wednesdays are cool for me because I get off from work, then, if they need a guy to cover Sunday, I'm the first in line. So I never have more than 3 days in a row to work. And I just asked my boss for this by "accident" a couple years ago (it seemed right, but it was like I was hearing someone else do the talking as I asked him ), and he just said "yes"!

I feel like when we got a snow day from school, except it happens every week!
I had a cool shift once...Thurs. Fri Sat..Sun...and Mon and Tuesday off...I loved it because I could do all the Drs and stuff during the week.

Im glad also you feel comfortable to have a day off....when I got sober a long time ago I would not take a day off...I worked so much because I was scared I was going to drink.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zamie View Post
Woke up clear headed.
Went to work.
Was told I am looking younger everyday since I quit the booze.
Did a ton of work on a zombie bible.
Spent ten minutes thinking up chicken puns with my colleagues.
Looking forward to going home and seeing my dog and my partner, ordering in a poke bowl and watching Netflix without feeling like I need a drink to get through the evening.

Huzzah!
The best one is was told you look younger everday.

That is the BEST because I got that complement once...it makes you feel so good.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Cool thread. I wasn’t as productive as you, but I’m pretty happy with what I’ve accomplished:

1. Got up nice and early and took my youngest to the zoo.

2. Got 24,000 steps on my Fitbit.

3. Made several boring phone calls to take care of some stuff. (I hate the phone.)

4. Finished a few Duolingo lessons. All three of my kids and I have recently started trying to learn Spanish.

5. Spent some time training my dog. He’s learning to “stay” for longer stretches of time.

Now I’m watching tv with my husband and the Bonnie Jrs.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bonniefloyd View Post
Cool thread. I wasn’t as productive as you, but I’m pretty happy with what I’ve accomplished:

3. Made several boring phone calls to take care of some stuff. (I hate the phone.)

4. Finished a few Duolingo lessons. All three of my kids and I have recently started trying to learn Spanish.

5. Spent some time training my dog. He’s learning to “stay” for longer stretches of time.

What are you talking about? Seems you accomplished more than me! I want to go to the ZOO.

Thanks for the idea....its also beautiful around here lately the weather and I do have a zoo about 5 miles away.

And I want a Fitbit..sounds like a LOT of steps.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bonniefloyd View Post

Hey! I just ordered a Fitbit online...I never order stuff for me...and felt guilty cause my sons 30th is coming..but I did get him 1 present already...

My Fitbit will measure my sleep patterns....steps...heart rate...cool...for 29...original 119.00.

Seriously...thank you for the idea
Old 06-12-2019, 07:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
Hey! I just ordered a Fitbit online...I never order stuff for me...and felt guilty cause my sons 30th is coming..but I did get him 1 present already...

My Fitbit will measure my sleep patterns....steps...heart rate...cool...for 29...original 119.00.

Seriously...thank you for the idea
That’s great! It’s so motivating; I think you’ll love it.