Notices

Class of June Part 1 2019

Old 06-17-2019, 06:22 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 View Post
Day 38 here still going strong doing more inner work than outer. Practicing mindfulness, accepting emotions instead of running from them. Not being nearly as impulsive and installing discipline. This is not going to be an overnight process but a pattern that must be repeated until it really sinks in and becomes natural instinct.
You are very wise Newbeginning.

What a fantastic concept...."installing discipline".
What a wonderful thing to teach people to do when they ask how do I? How do I begin?

Step 1: Acceptance
Step 2: Make the decision to change
Step 3: Install Discipline....

Step 3 may take a bit of time, it is a big download. And we don't all have the same internet speed.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Hello class of June!
I have been like the quiet kid in the back of the class, never raising my hand
I am so happy to read how everyone is doing. It brings so much validation to the road we are going down.
My road has been smooth, no bumps of temptation. I have complete acceptance I will never have another drop. It is a wonderfully freeing feeling.
Today is one month for me!
I am too early in this to offer any words of advice but i pray for those struggling that they find peace and soberity. Hopefully before their life is on the line as mine was.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MovingForward1 View Post
Good morning class and welcome to all the recent joiners! Feeling good being sober still but I'm fighting a nagging realization of knowing I'm avoiding my stark reality. I need to work on a list or something of what's coming up.
i still have rehab in a couple weeks or sooner if they have an opening. But after that I'm homeless and the safety net of the roof I currently have over my head will be gone. I have legal issues to address, massive credit problems to acknowledge. Belongings to sort through.
just stuff. Lots and lots of stuff to do.
I can't let myself get overwhelmed but I do need to get a few things in place.
Ugh!!!
So many hugs.

That is a LOT to deal with....I would need help for sure.
Would you like help? Either in the thread or via PM....it might be good to kind of make that list and see where we can help or advise, or just listen. s

I have one thought.....perhaps the rehab people will have leads re housing for you? If not, are there Salvos (Salvation Army) where you live? I know they can be of help with housing as well, in some places.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Welcome dear Apri! And a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on one month!!

And s.....so very glad you saved you life. I know that feeling. Or that fact. Thankful that you had the courage, and so very happy to hear that you are doing so well.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
(((Daytrippin))) ♥

Ouch.

A couple of suggestions, if I may.

Are you drinking enough water? Maybe you need more? Often hydrating can help with headaches. But other than that, I think I would call my doctor. It could be blood pressure related, and maybe it would be good to get checked out?

Hoping your day isn't too hard with a bad head.....migraine person here, so I feel you.
Of course you may! :-) And yes, I think maybe partly dehydration and partly a blood pressure spike. I've been keeping a bottle of water with me for a few days and constantly sip-sip-sipping so hopefully I am re-hydrating.

I don't want to go to the doctor because I don't want to pay a $40 copay ugh.....I hate the US health care system. Just going to take it slow and if it doesn't pass after another few days I may just have to fork over the money.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support and good idea venuscat. I'm going to work on a new thread for advice.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Great idea!! s
Old 06-17-2019, 06:42 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daytrippin View Post
Of course you may! :-) And yes, I think maybe partly dehydration and partly a blood pressure spike. I've been keeping a bottle of water with me for a few days and constantly sip-sip-sipping so hopefully I am re-hydrating.

I don't want to go to the doctor because I don't want to pay a $40 copay ugh.....I hate the US health care system. Just going to take it slow and if it doesn't pass after another few days I may just have to fork over the money.

Oh I know......I am an Aussie, so getting used to the cost of medical stuff has been a difficult pill to swallow.

However, we forget so easily how much we spent on alcohol....but $40 on us is a lot....it kind of isn't. If it's your blood pressure, well, my husband has BP issues, and we had a very big scare that made us both stay very vigilant. You are well worth that copay. s
Old 06-17-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Hi all, woke up this morning with a slightly swollen gland behind my ear. Immediately I start up with Dr. Google, of course. I have horrific anxiety in general, and finding mysterious lumps and bumps is enough to send my mind into overdrive. I have been feeling slightly run down lately and struggling with sinus and allergy-related stuff so that combined with my obsessive research has me thinking it's something minor. If it hangs around I'll see the doctor.

Anyway, woke up this morning sober. Didn't drink yesterday, won't drink today.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:56 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Movingfoward...I understand about feeling overwhelmed. List making always helps me...in fact I often have to block off all items on the list except the first one, so I know to focus only on that, then the second, etc. Otherwise I just see a giant list in front of me and freak out. It sure does feel good to cross things off though! Hugs to you.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:17 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

So I managed the day at work but all my other plans for a walk/decorating after work/exercise have not taken off. Lying on sofa at the moment. Drinking water and going to treat myself to some chocolate. If I'm not drinking I'm going to have something nice to eat.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Has been great reading about everyone, even if some of it is tough stuff. Got to work today and actually had some physical activity. I work in IT so that doesn't always happen. Amazing how much better just getting up and being active makes you feel.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:45 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

I got the news that I can get into rehab early. In 2 days. I'm scared, overwhelmed, panicked, but I'm going. Just need to get things done. I started my own thread to work through that stuff.

Keep it up June class and anyone reading this! There's a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm going to reach it this time.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

That's so great to hear, Movingforward!! You know what you have to do, and you're doing it--earlier than planned even. The rest of the things are going to work themselves out. You are headed in the right direction.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:55 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone and welcome to the new June members!
I am glad to read the updates on everyone, but have trouble responding to each person like I want to do.

Moving, you do have a long list of concerns. It is understandable that you feel overwhelmed. I read in your thread that you will be going to an inpatient treatment very soon since they had an opening. You certainly described a lot to get done before you go, but I'm so glad you are prioritizing your sobriety. All of the obstacles that you have to face will be easier when you are sober and have learned some new techniques in therapy. Additionally, they may have resources that will help you as you leave treatment.

New, I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Even when you are struggling you have such encouraging words of support for others in the group.

welcome strawberry, apri and all the other new members.

Bob and pete, I'm glad you're here. Pete I'm glad the morning started off well for you.

And venus, thanks for all of the words of wisdom.

I'm thankful to everyone for the support I've received. Day 13 for me. I'm feeling very well!
Old 06-17-2019, 09:59 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

nadt you are pretty amazing. s

MF ~ OK, awesome. The only scary part is let's find you somewhere to live, or stay. It is going to work out. I just feel it. s

Linners.....glands are good things....they fight the nasties in our body....unless the gland is sore or painful, it might just be doing its job. Just my carer training opinion, not medical advice....of course go to the doc if you are worried. Just not Dr Google. s
Old 06-17-2019, 01:12 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Great news Moving forward - you have such strength, I admire you doing this.

Linners-hope you feel better soon. Maybe give Dr Google a miss

Early night here for me. Hoping to get better sleep tonight. however it is we must just go forwards.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:18 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

A little tip love.....if you have a foot bucket, and soak your feet in warm to hot soapy water for a few mins....like 2 is plenty.....it gets the melatonin flowing in your body. And makes you feel good.

Sleep well. ♥♥
Old 06-17-2019, 01:25 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me 👍
Old 06-17-2019, 01:38 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
A little tip love.....if you have a foot bucket, and soak your feet in warm to hot soapy water for a few mins....like 2 is plenty.....it gets the melatonin flowing in your body. And makes you feel good.

Sleep well. ♥♥
Thank you,I'll try that.I take liquid magnesium too which helps me sleep solidly but all pretty messed up these first few days xx