Notices

Class of June Part 1 2019

Old 06-16-2019, 08:35 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Hi Venus. Glad you're posting in this class. Reading your words of encouragement always helps me.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:41 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Day 37 here still taking it slow embracing my emotions more and working things out mentally. The next step is being more active in terms of career and finances but my anxiety is still extremely high. I am being patient and know It will take me a bit of time to get my ducks in a row!
Old 06-16-2019, 08:43 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Way to go, Ready. I'm sorry you're struggling, but dumping the bottle took strength.
Welcome linners, Bob, and others new to June class!
it's nice that we are here to support one another!
Dee and Venus, thank you, as always for your insight!
Old 06-16-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
Hi Venus. Glad you're posting in this class. Reading your words of encouragement always helps me.
Me too, thanks Venus
Old 06-16-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Thank you for not minding me posting with you guys a bit....
I always think about what it was like for me in early days and months when Dee was asleep, or not here the odd day.....

I know like me that you probably read and post in other threads, but my class thread has always meant so much to me....still does. I am in a few actually.

It's good to see so many people in this class....and I can hear how completely dedicated you all are to being sober, healthy and happy.

It does take time for the anxiety to subside, for sure, and it's good to pace yourself. s
Old 06-16-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

RAL-Good for you for pouring it out. That was the first thing I did this morning as well, except mine was vodka. Actually haven't been doing nearly as bad today as I thought I would. We'll see how the rest goes.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:58 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Glad your day is going better than expected Bob

Just going to eat soon and get an early night. I have one of those fitbit things which record sleep. It's amazing, The nights I don't drink I have 8-9.5 hours. The nights I do drink it's 5 hours. Just shows how detrimental it is to our health sleep wise as well as many other stuff
Old 06-16-2019, 10:03 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

What a huge difference RAL!!
Hope you have a lovely dinner and another wonderful night's sleep.

And awesome sauce Bob....ditching that vodka is a great move. Very empowering.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:57 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

thanks Venus,
Grateful to be in bed sober. Thanks to everyone on here for your support today and I hope you all have a good day/evening/night's sleep.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:11 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Hi all, well end of day 1. Irritable and feeling a bit panicky but made it through.

Keep well all.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:12 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Pretty successful day my end. Ran 6 miles, gymed for an hour after (I know I shouldn’t be doing too much too soon!) went to a couple shops. Took wife and son to garden centre to get 2 new hydrangeas for the garden we have nearly finished (not long sold our first house and bought this one). Planted them in new pots and finished what I could before the rain came. 5pm came along and my mood changed a bit. Maybe because I was up at 5.30! Lying in bed now whilst the wife is watching that dreadful love island show!
Old 06-16-2019, 02:43 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by timetotry1 View Post
Hi all, well end of day 1. Irritable and feeling a bit panicky but made it through.

Keep well all.
Well that's fantastic. You made it through....try and do some calm breathing if you can, and please take a glass of water to bed ....well next to your bed, in bed would not be that good s
Old 06-16-2019, 02:46 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
Pretty successful day my end. Ran 6 miles, gymed for an hour after (I know I shouldn’t be doing too much too soon!) went to a couple shops. Took wife and son to garden centre to get 2 new hydrangeas for the garden we have nearly finished (not long sold our first house and bought this one). Planted them in new pots and finished what I could before the rain came. 5pm came along and my mood changed a bit. Maybe because I was up at 5.30! Lying in bed now whilst the wife is watching that dreadful love island show!
s

5pm was always my witching hour....the EXACT time my mood would change. A weird habit. A feeling that I had a right to a drink at that hour because, well, it was 5pm. So silly. Isn't is just so much better the way you did it today? What a lovely Sunday. Except for the Love Island show....but what are you gonna do....reality TV, sigh.

Night love. xx

EDIT....I mock, but I adore Amazing Race. Big time. So I try to be kind re The Bachelorette and such....I try.....
Old 06-16-2019, 03:05 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

It’s okay I got time to myself in bed as I didn’t want to watch that rubbish. Meant I could catch up on here!
Old 06-16-2019, 03:06 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

s
Old 06-16-2019, 03:58 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Sunday evening - work travelling for next few weeks.
I had to rehearse refusing the free champagne on the flight in my head - like 10 times. If I hadn't I know I would have caved (but didn't).
Exhausted. But sober.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:11 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Can't sleep. Just after midnight here.Nothing worse on a Sunday night Well I suppose being drunk would be worse I'll take a tired Monday than a hungover one anyday.

Just the thought of being so tired which will then make me cross and anxious and only on day 2 and I've got to go to work is stressing me out making me tense and less likely to sleep
Old 06-16-2019, 04:17 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Of course love s
And at this time of night, the nutty thoughts kick in big time....so let's do this....tired is not fun, but tired and sober? That is doable. Tired and hungover is HORRENDOUS. So all you need to do is feel fantastic about yourself because you didn't have a drink, and think nice thoughts....I do TV shows in my head....ones I love....go over the last one I watched and let the TV people guide me into sleep. It's funny, I have been doing it all of my life....I guess I always fantasised about being in a far far away place.....well, sobriety gave me that....I'm here.

s xx
Old 06-16-2019, 04:20 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Thank you Venus. I'm so glad you are here with us
Old 06-16-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Glad you made it through Time. RAL-Hope you can get some sleep.

It has been a long day here, but really not that bad. Thirsty along with some chest tightness. As long as it doesn't get worse, looking forward to getting through the first 5 days. Still a little worried about sleep tonight.

We are expecting our first grandchild very soon. Want to be past this crap before that happens. You know, I never knew any of my grandparents and I don't want to be the only one that this child won't know. Time to get healthy.