Notices

My wife told me I need to quit

Old 06-01-2019, 09:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finallytime View Post
Just a quick update. Day 2, I would have been buzzed by now. Doing ok. Headache, I feel foggy, and irritable. Still a bit shaky, but at the same time, I just feel relieved. Grateful. I’ve made up my mind, so it’s really quite simple. I don’t drink.
Well done. I had a headache my first couple of days too. It gets easier, keep going!
Old 06-02-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Waking up the next morning without self-loathing is the best! Cherish every morning before it becomes routine.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:44 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=least;7196521]The best advice I ever got to bolster my sobriety was to practice gratitude every day. It gives me a positive attitude and makes me happier.

Yes! I agree. When I think of it in terms of gratitude, I feel happiness and motivation. I have so much to be grateful for, but it really is the little stuff that I notice the most. Not waking up with a racing heart 2 am. Not having to take ibuprofen in the evening (if I remembered depending on how buzzed I was) or in the morning. Being able to take the car at night to pick up my wife at the airport and not have to come up with an excuse why I can’t pick her up. And so on.

I am grateful for waking up and not being hungover today.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:51 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks Bonnie! I am so happy I took the mild withdrawal headache last night instead of the bad hangover headache this morning!

FeelingGreat, I completely agree! That middle of night or early morning self loathing is so awful. I’m so happy to wake up this morning feeling great about myself!

Day 3 today, feeling good so far. No shaking of fingers. No fogginess so far, but that can change of course. I know that day 3 can be difficult, so I’m preparing mentally for that. I won’t drink, because I don’t drink anymore., it’s quite simple.

Thank you so much everyone m, for all your encouragement and kind words, you are the best!
Old 06-02-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Finallytime- glad I read thru more and see you are on day 3! good job. Each of us has a bit of a different experience in the beginning, but what you describe among the un-fun and discomforts is definitely normal - I was quite sick when I quit so things like exercising and all took me longer than some, but all the healthy stuff we slacked off on when drinking is great to start up again.

Keeping sober will lead you to so much, in all ways. Glad you are here.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:27 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finallytime View Post
Thanks Bonnie! I am so happy I took the mild withdrawal headache last night instead of the bad hangover headache this morning!
!
Lol! That is a great way of looking at it! You sound like you are doing well. A positive attitude is so important.