Notices

Drinking dreams@ 6 months sober.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Samson1 View Post
OMG. Thank you Snoozyq. I have a drinking dream almost everynight and I thought it was just me. I've never heard of them mentioned on hear before. Mine is I drink (I'm on Antabuse) and nothing happens to me I just get drunk. I hope they go away but it does feel good to wake up and know your just another day sober. Thanks again SnoozyQ.
Hi Samson,

Isn’t it good when we know we are not alone. Even though I’ve been on this site for nearly 6 years, I always learn something new. It feels better to share.

The good news is, that the longer we are sober, the less we get them.xxxx

Old 05-20-2019, 03:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've realized for a few weeks now that drunk dreams are quite common among others, and it isn't just me. I still puzzle over why they are common to so many of us.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have more flash backs than I do drinking dreams, but when I do have a dream it is sooo realistic, I consider them as a reminder of how I don't want to be......ever again.

Well done on 6 months, 6 months is a good place to be. xx
Old 05-20-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi, I too am coming up to 6 months sober but I have to say that I haven't really had a dream where I have been drinking/drunk/hung over. I have had a lot of nightmares over the last couple of months including the teeth falling out and naked in public dreams and my personal favourite peeling the skin off my hands, arms and legs (I have no idea why but I can wake up feeling really sore and physically sick after that one)
The only drink related dreams have been what I would call "Guilt" dreams where I know I haven't drunk anything but I am surrounded by hundreds of empty bottles and cans and desperately trying to dispose of them before anyone sees them or the "Never Ending Vodka Bottle" where I am trying to pour the contents away and throw the bottle out but it constantly refills itself and I start panicking.
My sponsor has told me that nightmares and dreams like that are the subconscious minds way of dealing with issues that the conscious mind may be struggling with or not even have noticed. Whether that is true or not I have no idea but it made me feel better!!