View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Livingonwishes

Hi, I too am coming up to 6 months sober but I have to say that I haven't really had a dream where I have been drinking/drunk/hung over. I have had a lot of nightmares over the last couple of months including the teeth falling out and naked in public dreams and my personal favourite peeling the skin off my hands, arms and legs (I have no idea why but I can wake up feeling really sore and physically sick after that one)
The only drink related dreams have been what I would call "Guilt" dreams where I know I haven't drunk anything but I am surrounded by hundreds of empty bottles and cans and desperately trying to dispose of them before anyone sees them or the "Never Ending Vodka Bottle" where I am trying to pour the contents away and throw the bottle out but it constantly refills itself and I start panicking.
My sponsor has told me that nightmares and dreams like that are the subconscious minds way of dealing with issues that the conscious mind may be struggling with or not even have noticed. Whether that is true or not I have no idea but it made me feel better!!