Notices

New to Forum

Old 05-01-2019, 12:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life is good

I took my child, backpacks and puppy when leaving my alcoholic husband when it was no longer safe to be home. The rest I've made peace with letting go of.

I have no regrets.

Letting go, creating a supportive network and rebuilding my life has been much more important.

Different approaches.

Considering the escalation of drug use, paranoia, violence in the home, children involved and abnormal atmosphere it doesn't seem to be a safe place to stay.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life is good

Originally Posted by anna View Post
i think that calling the domestic violence hotline would be so helpful and reassuring for you. The people there are trained to help in situations like yours. They can advise you how to get away safely. Make use of their expertise.

My advice would be to not let him know you are thinking/planning to leave. That is the most dangerous time for someone in a violent relationship.
+1
Old 05-01-2019, 12:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dandelion12 View Post
Hes watching YOU?

Start a journal of times and dates of all incidents. If you can, tape them DISCRETELY on your phone.

At NO TIME INFORM HIM OF YOUR PLANS OR WHAT YOURE UP TO.

Documentation is key. Even if the cops do nothing youll have incident reports.

DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOME! Cant stress this enough.

If it goes to court he can claim abandonment.

Dont let this man drive you any crazier than he already has and if the cops are called make sure you mention hes been using and youre afraid for yourself and your children.

Texas cops have to obey the law too and hopefully theyre wearing body cameras when they show up and act like good old boys.

See how fast you get help from them when youre working with a womans coalition.
I have one video of him being abusive, but I have sent my best and only friend a few pics over the last couple years to keep for me, of bruises and black eye. I had to delete them from my phone because if he saw that, no good. I am going to start keeping a journal and trying to document everything. My daughter is about to be 17. She has heard alot of the stuff that goes on as well as seen him on top of me holding me down, and the house completely trashed because he tore up and broke everything. She is fully aware he's on meth. She hates him. She would be able to be a witness for me, and would honestly be glad to see him go to jail. My 11 year old boy however, he hasn't seen near as much and doesn't know what is going on. My husband actually threatened me that he will drop a ton of money on lawyers and make sure I'm the one visiting my son on the weekends. I'm the one that does everything for the kids and always have. He would do that to me just to be spiteful. I am scared that if he gets me out of the house, I wouldn't be allowed to see or have my son until we were to go to court, and that terrifies me. My daughter isn't his biological child so I know he couldn't keep her. This is all just so scary.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What I would do:

DISCRETELY contact womans coalition/services in your area.

Look for an attorney. Many give free consults, but good ones...not so much.
see as many in your area as you can for a consult because not only do you want to be click with this person, but once they consult with YOU they cannot by law represent him

Keep yourself normal and low key, but document document document.

Dont discuss ANYTHING with him. And dont react to his windbag empty threats.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
I took my child, backpacks and puppy when leaving my alcoholic husband when it was no longer safe to be home. The rest I've made peace with letting go of.

I have no regrets.

Letting go, creating a supportive network and rebuilding my life has been much more important.

Different approaches.

Considering the escalation of drug use, paranoia, violence in the home, children involved and abnormal atmosphere it doesn't seem to be a safe place to stay.
I'm glad you got out of your bad situation! I am working on a plan, just... I feel lost. If I lose all my belongings, I would be ok. It's just my kids and my animals I really care about. I wouldn't be able to take the animals unless I could find an acre of land to put a trailer on or something along those lines. He has never cared for the animals and I know they would suffer without me here. I think reaching out to you guys was my 1st real step to changing my life. I know there is way more I must do, and I need to get it done quick. He comes home alot during the day just to see what I'm doing. He is only about 50 yards behind my house in his shop and he hauls ass in his golf cart back and forth. He can check phone records to see what numbers I called or who I talked to. That is why I got the prepaid phone. He is very smart but also very deceitful. He made it to where he knows everything about me and what I do, but I don't know anything about him. I just know, I have to do what it takes to start a new life for my kids and me. They are such great kids and never deserved any of this in their lives. Thank you so much. All of this has given me a new hope. I felt so lost. I greatly appreciate it!