Notices

I'm going back to rehab!

Old 02-18-2019, 05:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Rehsb was a great experience for you last time, I'm glad you have a support plan to get you back on track! Sending lots of love your way Mera. When do you start?
Old 02-18-2019, 07:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am so glad for you, Mera! I hope you will stay here too and keep us posted.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

so good to hear you are taking action, Mera.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

having gratitude shows ou to be a goodperson
Old 02-19-2019, 01:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Rehsb was a great experience for you last time, I'm glad you have a support plan to get you back on track! Sending lots of love your way Mera. When do you start?
Not sure yet. The doctor from the outpatient place called to set it up yesterday. Tomorrow I have to call and plan the intake. I'm not sure what the wait will be.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing this Mera and I hope it is ASAP. Having to wait is tough - you can choose not to drink btw now and the start.

Keep us posted.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well, today is Wednesday, six days from last Thursday when my phone stopped working. I went this week to various tech places and it seems that there is an outage just in my little village. So, I couldn't call this morning without riding my bike into the nearest town. I called but the intake guy was busy. I explained my phone situation and asked when I could expect a call back, it was not until this afternoon. So I headed home, with the plan of riding back into town later to wait for the call. He ended up calling on my way back but we got cut off. But the little I got was that the total free rooms (shared room, bathroom in the hall) would be available the end of March, beginning of April. The rooms you pay for are available next week. We shall see.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:18 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Keep us posted Mera!!
Old 02-20-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Mera, please consider taking the first available room. This is your life we're talking about. You are always in my prayers.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:03 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm super happy for you.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:39 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Smart move. Not to scare you, but I've known several people who have died from alcoholism and each one of them have one thing in common. They died when they were on the relapse part of a vicious cycle they were stuck in that consisted of a few months of not drinking followed by a three or four day binge. Rinse repeat. They all died during one of their brief binges.

Glad you have made this healthy choice. I think everyone here is rooting for you. Best of luck to you. You can do this.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:48 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ok, I finally got in touch. I go next Monday. I feel so relieved.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Just thinking how much I wish Bill was here to share the news. He would be so happy for me. I remember his unwavering support the first time I went. He liked seeing pictures of the area as he had visited Florence. He would sometimes send me special requests for photos during my outings. There was one church he really loved and asked me about often but I could never find it. I think I'll go back through my old thread and look for the name and make it a goal to find it this time.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:52 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberween View Post
Smart move. Not to scare you, but I've known several people who have died from alcoholism and each one of them have one thing in common. They died when they were on the relapse part of a vicious cycle they were stuck in that consisted of a few months of not drinking followed by a three or four day binge. Rinse repeat. They all died during one of their brief binges.

Glad you have made this healthy choice. I think everyone here is rooting for you. Best of luck to you. You can do this.
This did scare me ******** and I am glad it did, thank you for posting.

Last edited by Dee74; 02-21-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I am so happy for you Mera!! You've come such a long way so far and I hope that this opportunity gives you the strength and knowledge you need to do what is right for you and what you deserve for yourself. Make the most of every minute there and keep up posted if you are able xx
Old 02-21-2019, 08:29 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
~sb

You're so very lucky to get a bed so quickly! I wish you well!!!!
Old 02-21-2019, 08:55 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Mera, so happy you've settled on a plan. I'm so impressed and admiring of you and know that your sweet friend Bill would be/will be cheering you on. I think it's a great idea to find some of his favorite spots to remind you that he's walking with you, and wishing you the best always, as are we all!
Old 02-21-2019, 09:58 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Mera,

Are you going to the same rehab? How long will you be there?
Old 02-21-2019, 09:59 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Just thinking how much I wish Bill was here to share the news. He would be so happy for me. I remember his unwavering support the first time I went. He liked seeing pictures of the area as he had visited Florence. He would sometimes send me special requests for photos during my outings. There was one church he really loved and asked me about often but I could never find it. I think I'll go back through my old thread and look for the name and make it a goal to find it this time.
Defintely try to find it!!
Old 02-21-2019, 10:29 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
This did scare me ******** and I am glad it did, thank you for posting.
Oh thank you Mera for saying that. I wasn't sure if I should post it or not. Love your fighting spirit. Relapses scare me and I get nervous when people describe them as part of recovery (not that you did that, but just in general I have heard it a lot). Please keep us updated as much as you are able. <3