Notices

Day 20

Old 02-23-2019, 02:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 20

Smiling because I'm alive and I didn't die from this fatal disease.

I believe that alcohol kills, and if it's not from a drunk driver, or cirrhosis, or other health complications, it's taking years off your life. Maybe you live to 78, but you could've lived to 90 and seen your grandchildren grow up. Who knows how long you could live if alcohol had never entered your system? Certainly no one wants to be 120, but I think 95 or 100 is a nice age to go. Who knows, maybe I'll only live to 70 because I spent nearly 8 years drinking heavily. Who knows.

I have a CHANCE to be alcohol free for the rest of my life. I can choose that every day. Sure I could relapse, but I can CHOOSE not to. There is so much power in that.

When you first go AF you notice all the smells sights and sounds around you. I never wanna take that for granted again. I wanna live and be present. All I can hope is that this feeling lasts.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Glad you are feeling uplifted! Just be careful of those "pink clouds" up there, SkyBird!
Keep it going! Day 20 is great!
Old 02-23-2019, 04:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

You're doing really well Skybird

Remember if you feel an urge or get triggered by someone or something come to us immediately and we will help you rationalise the irrationality that is addiction

Keep racking up them days girl

Old 02-23-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 20 days! Keep up the good work and it will get easier with each passing day.