Notices

Life Insurance Policy

Old 12-23-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DreamCatcher17 View Post
Hey,

I sell life insurance.

After the application is sent to the company for review, they will call you for a phone interview and then there will be a medical exam and then the life insurance company will request documents from your doctor. If at ANY time you spoke to your doctor about alcohol/treatment/consumption the life insurance company WILL find out. Yes, they can deny you for lying, once you are denied you have a RED mark on your file and other life insurance companies will ask if you have EVER been denied for Life insurance, if you say NO but you have, you are trapped in this web of lies.

Blessings,
DC
I was careful to never tell any of my doctors regarding this forced stint in "rehab." I never told my general practitioner, my OBYGN, or my psychiatrist. Never. I didn't want it getting back to my employer or haunt me later on in life (like it is now). This is also why I chose to go out of state as I didn't want it to come back to me. But, there is still medical documentation out there regarding the treatment I received.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AtomicBlue View Post
FYI another recent thread on this subject:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...hol-abuse.html (Life Insurance Options for Past Alcohol Abuse)

I’ll be interested to hear what you find out. Best of luck.
I never completed the application because I don't want it getting back to my employer.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for following up. Your employer can find out if and why you are denied life insurance? Does your employer offer some coverage with no medical exam required? Maybe 1x salary? Are you thinking of holding out until you have more sobriety time?

Seems to me you’re choosing the honesty route which is good!