Notices

3 weeks

Old 12-23-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks

3 weeks of waking Up without a hangover.
3 weeks of not wondering what I said the night before.
3 weeks of saved money not spent on expensive drinks at dinner and cases of beer for the week.
3 weeks of being present in the moment - even when it totally sucked.

today feels pretty good. I’ve had a rough three weeks staying sober but I finally am starting to feel the impending doom lift. There were times that I wanted to drink so bad but I used my plan and posted here for support. I know I will finish this year out without alcohol and am looking forward to a full year with no drinking which I will achieve one day at a time (one hour at a time if needed).

Thank you SR. I am so grateful for this site and the support.

Last edited by Pearldoor; 12-23-2018 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Forgot the S in the title
Old 12-23-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great going! Thank you for sharing.
Old 12-23-2018, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on three weeks and your new found resolve.
It only gets better.
Best to you.
Old 12-23-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Pearl,

I had great feelings the whole time during my healing from years of on and off binge and daily drinking. Those feelings, and sr, gave me hope I would fully recover. I was right. I am feeling amazing, minus the crave that is chronic.

The addiction was fierce. As i healed I had moments of complete clarity the have grown and grown until now. I pretty much go through the whole day feeling 98% healed up.

I was at my wife's friends house last night for a party. They had booze and beer all over the place. I could have easily drank if I wanted too. But, it could easily drink every day now as well. Being around booze like that is a bit tempting, but walking right by it makes me feel amazing.

Folks all know i quit drinking. I saw the momentary panic my wife's eyes as I poured myself a delicious non alcoholic concoction. She was positive I was drinking booze. I offered her a big gulp, which she took. I so could tell was really searching for a boozy taste. So sorry...no booze in this boy.

I hate booze. Folks that drink change into some altered version. Some are cool, some are mean and selfish. Doesn't even make sense to me. Addiction is the only reason,people continue to drink. The drunkenness makes the party a bit more fun for them for a while, then they get sleepy or worse.

It is all a big mess and a big lie.

I am awake now, feeling a bit rested after about 5 hours of sleep. I could use a bit more.

But, I have 0 hang over and have 0 regrets. I was 100% me, as I have been for a long time. I love it.

Stay clean.

Thanks.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

3dom !!! Well done you
Old 12-23-2018, 11:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Well done amazing achievement
Old 12-23-2018, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)