Notices

Old 10-25-2018, 02:58 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Can't sleep and I used to smoke cigarettes and weed to put me back to sleep. Not going to do that now . Lungs feeling better daily and health anxiety would come back full force just as it's slowing.
I'm exhausted. Staying close.
SeaSlug
Old 10-25-2018, 03:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

You are doing so well SeaSlug, and as you have started to notice, things do get better. Happy to meet you and wishing you well. SP
Old 10-25-2018, 08:40 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thank you, SP. I'm hanging in there 😀. Health benefits are awesome! Feeling so much less anxiety. Hope you have a great day
SeaSlug
Old 10-25-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Need to get something to put in my mouth (gum, etc) because I am having major oral fixation issues with not smoking weed and cigarettes. The whole physical processes that would consume my time using these. It's like a bad itch and I CAN'T scratch it. Ugh. 😮😔😣
Old 10-25-2018, 11:31 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

SeaSlug - that happened to me, too. I did lollipops for a while. Hard candies (sugar-free) helped a bit too.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:44 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you Hevyn! Definitely getting lollipops and some candies . I'm not binging on sugar because honestly without smoking I don't have the munchies! I'm eating more salty foods. I'm already saving $ too so out for lunch at Japanese restaurant for treat today!

SeaSlug
Old 10-26-2018, 01:29 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

You are doing great , SeaS !!

They say sucking on some kind of hard stone pip, like prune or apricot , helps.

Enjoy the Japanese restaurant .
Old 10-26-2018, 10:01 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thank you Ayers. Trying to snack on fruit!

Tonight I realized that I don't want to go to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. I'm not up to it. My in laws are super nice people but I don't have the strength for the whole holiday. They live about 7 hours drive away. It is going to be draining for me.instead of restful and relaxing. I know that my husband and his dad will drink beers together and bond. My mother in law has been Ill for months now because she refused antibiotics. She is slowly recovering from complications from being so sick from not taking the proper treatment.

I have had a stressful last year and had problems of my own. I am just now s feeling like I can get myself on the right track. But I need to protect myself because no one else will.

I'm going to sleep on this but I think I know in my heart what I need. It is that little voice inside. I think I know that.if I am going to really make this change that I have to put myself first...really put myself first and be at home and able to be in my safe space. I can hide in my bed under the covers when I want.

Gonna think this one through and come up with a plan and speak to the husband.

Thanks for listening
SeaSlug
Old 10-27-2018, 03:25 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I can't sleep so I was up with the pets for snuggly time and enjoying peanut butter toast and milk. It's a go to snack for me. It's my witching hour. Used to pop up for weed and a smoke to get back to sleep.

Still thinking about the holidays and specfically thanksgiving. I'm gonna talk to the husband unit for sure. Thinking to compromise and spend the day with me and he can go visit his parents that Friday and take a vacation day from work and stay until Monday. This can work!! I can have my pumpkin pie and eat it too 😂😂😂
Lots of good vibes to you this Saturday!
SeaSlug
Old 10-27-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Supporting yourself is supporting the family--do whatever you need to put your recovery first SeaSlug
Old 10-27-2018, 10:04 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

New guy here too, SeaSlug. I'm a long time drinker and it's just time to put it aside. Determination and a positive attitude.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:47 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Supporting yourself is supporting the family--do whatever you need to put your recovery first SeaSlug
Very wise words here..
Thank you Hawkeye13!
Old 10-27-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hardinge View Post
New guy here too, SeaSlug. I'm a long time drinker and it's just time to put it aside. Determination and a positive attitude.
Welcome welcome Hardinge! I think there are better things to be done with our time rather than drinking. Working on taking it one day at a time and I am having some cravings today but not going there! I hope to support you too. Posting alot helps me!
SeaSlug
Old 10-27-2018, 12:53 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Welcome . Hi . Hug . I was also binge one self medicater . I put i was as i hope it was my last so we both on day one. Pm me if need . I am trying to make it and be here if you struggle x D
Old 10-27-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allishope73 View Post
Welcome . Hi . Hug . I was also binge one self medicater . I put i was as i hope it was my last so we both on day one. Pm me if need . I am trying to make it and be here if you struggle x D
Hi allishope73
This is a tough course we have but through it I do believe there is a more peaceful existence. Thank you for reaching out. Staying close here and steady today. Hope you are hanging in there also. Just stay sober today. SeaSlug