SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New Member (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/433247-new-member.html)

SeaSlug 10-17-2018 09:58 AM

Hi

I'm just posting because I need to get to work on changing myself. I'm a 42 year old female binge drinker. I'd like to share and get involved as I think I can benefit from the wisdom and experience shared here. I'm afraid of change but the status--quo is more frightening. Today is my day 1.

Thank you for your time and shares

SeaSlug

soberandhonest 10-17-2018 10:02 AM

Welcome to SR SeaSlug! It is great to have you. Read, listen, share. A journey to a sober life is difficult, but the rewards are great. Good luck to you!

SeaSlug 10-17-2018 10:06 AM

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your words so much. I have got alot of work to do but it feels less like "work" and more like a positive project to attack a serious problem. Look forward to sharing.

adenough1 10-17-2018 10:10 AM

Welcome Seaslug. 😀

CaptainHaddock 10-17-2018 10:12 AM

Hi SeaSlug, and welcome aboard.

Being part of this community made getting and staying sober a lot easier for me. I hope it will for you too. Stay close by reading, and post as often as you like. The folks here are welcoming and friendly, and offer a lot of wisdom and advice.

least 10-17-2018 10:16 AM

Welcome to the family. :) I hope our support can help you get sober for good. :grouphug:

mcconnth2017 10-17-2018 10:20 AM

Welcome. I have been sober 139 days. I never thought that was possible before. It is longest I have ever been sober in my adult life. I feel great. I don't have to worry about managing my drinking anymore (abstinence). Life is much easier that way and more productive. I visit this website because it reminds me of where I was and where I don't want to go back to in life. Best of luck.

SnazzyDresser 10-17-2018 10:30 AM

Hi there, SeaSlug! Glad you made the scene.

SeaSlug 10-17-2018 10:35 AM

Thank you for the welcomes. The longest I've been sober the past 8years is 50 some odd days. I'm signing up here and have a birthday at the end of December. I want to getthere sober. I know better. When I was younger...in my 20's I went to Al-Anon. I know better. This is a problem and I need to deal with it.

MantaLady 10-17-2018 10:42 AM

Welcome Seaslug x

Anna 10-17-2018 10:45 AM

Welcome SeaSlug, so glad you found us and good decision to make this Day 1!

Ghostlight1 10-17-2018 10:50 AM

Hello and welcome.
You've admitted you have a problem and come here. Those two things alone are big steps, so congratulations.
I knew I had a problem, too. For ten years. It took some pretty bad lows to finally seek help.
Save yourself some misery and stop now.

You can do it. Many of us here have gotten a daily reprieve from alcohol. You can too.
Best to you.

SeaSlug 10-17-2018 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by mcconnth2017 (Post 7035460)
Welcome. I have been sober 139 days. I never thought that was possible before. It is longest I have ever been sober in my adult life. I feel great. I don't have to worry about managing my drinking anymore (abstinence). Life is much easier that way and more productive. I visit this website because it reminds me of where I was and where I don't want to go back to in life. Best of luck.

This is very inspirational for me. Gonna post often to record my progress. I admire you.

SeaSlug 10-17-2018 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ghostlight1 (Post 7035480)
Hello and welcome.
You've admitted you have a problem and come here. Those two things alone are big steps, so congratulations.
I knew I had a problem, too. For ten years. It took some pretty bad lows to finally seek help.
Save yourself some misery and stop now.

You can do it. Many of us here have gotten a daily reprieve from alcohol. You can too.
Best to you.

Thanks for sharing. I'm low. This is my chance. An opportunity to turn things around. I must take it!

Gilmer 10-17-2018 11:40 AM

Welcome, SeaSlug!

I LOVE your username! I'm a big fan of marine life!

SeaSlug 10-17-2018 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Gilmer (Post 7035518)
Welcome, SeaSlug!

I LOVE your username! I'm a big fan of marine life!

They are beautiful little creatures....rainbow colors and all! Love the ocean and all its wonders!

lessgravity 10-17-2018 11:48 AM

Welcome. Read and explore this site. There is no question but that it can get you sober if you work and you wanted to. I'm 41 and a little over 6 months sober for the first time in my adult life. It's been work and I've messed up many times in my past. But I'm finally sober and I owe so much of it to this website. It can be done. And there's a better life waiting for us all.

DreamCatcher17 10-17-2018 11:56 AM

Welcome, Sea!

This is a great community with a lot of strength and experience. I am sure you will learn and grow a lot. I wish you the best in your journey. It may not be easy but I tell ya it'll so be worth it!

Blessings,
DC

Upstairs 10-17-2018 12:19 PM

Welcome aboard, SeaSlug! The next few days won't be very comfortable. Reach out to people here if you need it! :D

SeaSlug 10-17-2018 01:10 PM

Thank you, thank you. I am in desperate need of comoradory. Not sure if I spelled that correctly.

The biggest disappointment for me is that I do not like the person I am with alcohol in the picture. I don't really honor or value myself and become ugly. Not just physically but who I am is ugly. Jealousy, ego, self deceit, denial, and anger. Not good.

Making a turn here.